Job Title: Lab Supervisor
Job Responsibilities :
Support manufacturing aspects of various products by executing and evaluating various test protocols, utilizing basic knowledge of biology, chemistry, laboratory equipment and computer software.
Maintain laboratory in proper working order through organization and procurement of supplies, routine maintenance of laboratory equipment, organization and maintenance of reagents, and general laboratory hygiene. Verify and ensure that proper processes and procedures are followed in accordance with SOPs.
May supervise others
Responsibilities and Duties:
- • Perform a variety of moderately complex laboratory techniques.
• Maintain accurate and current documentation
• Summarize data. Communicate results both verbally and in writing with peers and supervisors
• Assist with product design transfer with various departments of the Company.
• Assist with technical support of commercial products.
• Participates in customer training
• Conducts Technical Presentations
• Participates in Industry Associations
• Execute and evaluate various test protocols, utilizing basic knowledge of immunology, Laboratory equipment and/or computer software.
• Maintain and organize laboratory areas. Order supplies as required to maintain efficient workflow.
• Maintain product/material inventories, segregation of products, and other supplies.
• Keep track of all instruments for calibration and maintenance
• Document production history properly using various Sop's in a GMP environment.
• Draft, review write and update all Sops' and other documents needed for processing.
• Communicate all aspects of projects with department head both orally and written (i.e. monthly report).
• Investigate result variances
• May lead team of Biotechnicians, Scientists or Lab Techs
• Provide leadership to team including scheduling, training, coaching and conducting performance reviews
• Provides on-going training and coaching on techniques and performance
• Perform additional job duties necessary within Manufacturing areas as assigned.
Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Education, Experience, Job Skills, Equipment Skills, and Certifications)
- • B.S/B.A. in Biology, Chemistry, biochemistry/ microbiology/ immunology/ medical technology field with 10+years. MS or PhD generally required for this level with 5-10 years of experience.
• Strong knowledge of QSR, cGMP and ISO regulations and guideline
• Trouble shoot and maintain complex instrument functioning
• Good written and verbal communications skills
- • Thorough understanding of antibody and/or immunoassay performance criteria.
• Must be familiar with accepted industry practices and regulations
• Maintain broad knowledge of current scientific theories and practices.
• Able to multitask
• Able to work independently and lead a team of scientists
• Able to organize and prioritize tasks for his/her self and others
• Able to resolve problems with others
• Good verbal and written communication
• Develops SOP's
• Documents coaching
May manage a team of scientists and technicians performing, training, coaching and quarterly and yearly performance reviews, conducts disciplinary discussions as appropriate.
Work Environment / Other Requirements:
Ability to lift or move 50 pounds and work/travel throughout plant environment of varied temperatures and humidity; grasp and hold small objects, a full range of motion, and to wear personal protective devices. Daily contact with employees in other departments is required.