- Position Summary
This recruitment is to establish an applicant pool for future vacancies. Individuals will be contacted as vacancies occur.
This position provides instructional support services to the Science Programs. Prepare laboratory sessions per faculty requirements. Coordinate usage of labs and equipment among faculty and students. Assist faculty with the preparation of laboratory activities.
- Essential Functions
- Work with faculty and staff to support the instructional program in Anatomy, Physiology, Chemistry or Physics.
- Set up and put away equipment and supplies for laboratory sessions.
- Work with faculty to coordinate the laboratory activity schedule.
- Recommend equipment and supply purchases related to the instructional program.
- Keep laboratories, supplies, materials and equipment organized and ready for use.
- Provide other forms of assistance to the science instructional program when needed.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university –or- equivalent experience.
Conditions of Employment
- Strong academic background in biology and/or health and life sciences, including anatomy and physiology.
- Experience working with chemicals in a laboratory setting.
- Demonstrated experience working with and knowledge of safe laboratory practices.
- Experience coordinating or organizing activities and scheduling.
The Successful Candidate must Demonstrate
- Successful completion of a criminal history background(Download PDF reader) check prior to employment.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Excellent customer service skills; including building and maintaining internal/external customer satisfaction and the ability to problem solve.
- An appreciation of diversity and the benefits of a commitment to cultural awareness and sensitivity in the workplace.
- Ethics and integrity.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with students, faculty and staff.
- Responsibility of reporting to work when scheduled and notifying manager prior to absence.
- Application Process
- Application MaterialsComplete application packages must include the following:
Terms of EmploymentThis is a part time hourly position scheduled to work varied hours (depending on lab schedule needs) approximately 15 to 18 hours per week. The pay rate is $17.00 per hour. A collective bargaining agreement exists and membership in the Washington Federation of State Employees or payment of a service fee may be required.Tacoma Community College values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer and EducatorTacoma Community College provides equal opportunity in education and employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, creed, religion, or status as a veteran of war. Prohibited sex discrimination includes sexual harassment (unwelcome sexual conduct of various types). Provides reasonable accommodations for qualified students, employees, and applicants with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Federal Rehabilitation Act. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Beth Brooks, Title II and Title IX, 253-566-5054; Shema Hanebutte, Section 504 Officer, 253-566-6006. (*Tacoma Community College is a smoke-free/drug free environment. This recruitment announcement does not reflect the entire job description and can be changed and or modified without notice.)
- Tacoma Community College online application.\
- Cover letter and resume. In your cover letter indicate how your background and experience meets the qualifications for this position.
- Copies of transcripts for all colleges and universities attended.
Tacoma Community College
6501 S 19th St Bldg. 14, Tacoma WA 98466 www.tacomacc.edu/careers
Benefits not applicable.
- 01Which best describes your level of education?
02Is your degree in a science related field?
- High School graduate or equiavelent
- Some college
- Associates Degree from an accredited college or university
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university
- Masters degree or higher from an accredited college or university
03Do you have a strong academic background in the field related to this position?
04Please describe your academic background and experience working in a laboratory setting.05Do you have experience coordinating or organizing activities and scheduling?