Job Title: Lab Manager
Location: Long Island, NY
Duration: Direct Hire
Leading Teaching Hospital seeks a Lab Manager/Section Head who will be responsible for the day-to-day supervision of highly complex testing by lab personnel.
- Communicates with the Medical and Administrative Directors of the department for advice and counsel and direction.
- Resolves technical problems and ensures that remedial actions are taken whenever test systems deviates from the labs' established performance specifications.
- Ensures for accuracy of patient test result reports and proper functioning of the test system. Provides orientation to all testing personnel within department.
- Identifies training needs for the type and complexity of the testing performed.
- Monitors the recording and reporting of test results.
- Reviews worksheets, quality control records, proficiency testing results and preventive maintenance records.
- Observes performance of instrument and function checks.
- Responsible for department competencies. Evaluates and documents the performance of individuals responsible for high complexity testing.
- Ensures that staff maintains their competency to perform test procedures.
- Works within the budget recommendations for area/Section of responsibility and maintain expenditures within the approved budget.
- Develops, coordinates and provides team support. Trains, coaches and mentors staff. Presents Continuing Education.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Technical skills related to the laboratory discipline required.
- 3 - 5 years related laboratory experience.
- 1 -2 years supervisory experience.
Education and Licensure:
- Bachelor's degree in health-related field.
- Licensure: New York State Clinical Laboratory Technologist OR New York State Cytotechnologist License required.