Under the direction of the laboratory supervisor or senior level scientist, Chemistry department for production lab seeking a laboratory technician to perform various testing and chemical analysis. 1st Shift Hours, 40 hours/week.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Logging in food samples in a manner that ensures compliance with environmental regulations.
- Perform standardized test methods according to lab standard operation procedures.
- Utilizing the Laboratory’s Information Management System (LIMS) to log-in samples.
- Completing compliance documentation (i.e. Chain of Custody Forms, Sample Non-Conformance Forms, etc.) as part of sample log-in.
- Assist with sample disposal and documentation in a manner that is compliant with environmental regulations.
- Assist with projects related to the tracking of laboratory chemical inventory
- Cleaning glassware and equipment
- Sample preparation to include distributing samples amongst staff.
- Assist with special projects as needed, utilizing Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities.
College degree required in the area of Chemistry, Biochemistry, Environmental Science, Biology or similar physical sciences field. 30 semester hours of chemistry related courses that led to a Bachelor's degree in scientific discipline preference.
Laboratory analytical experience is preferred within regulated laboratory environment. This may be academic experience or job-related experience. Experience using laboratory systems (i.e. LIMS) is a plus and experience with GC/MS and LC/MS systems. Performs QA tasked, timely calibrations and some validation of work as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proven ability to think analytically.
- Significant attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with using databases and Excel software.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact with diverse (technical, non-technical) employees.