Job Title: Laboratory Technician
Location: Berkeley, California
Duration: 6 Months
- vision at company is to save lives by rapidly moving new in vitro diagnostic technologies and assays into clinical use.
- Our mission within company R&D is to develop laboratory tests to support a new generation of therapies that will improve patient care in ways never before possible.
- In order to achieve these goals, we will fully utilize decades of assay development experience and the unique resources available through our companion diagnostics development organization and global reference laboratory.
- Technician 2 reporting to a Sr. Scientist or higher in the department.
- This position is for a non-entry level technician with industry and/or academic laboratory experience.
- The successful candidate for this Technician 2 position working within company premises will report to a Sr. Scientist or higher in the department.
- The position includes responsibility for organization of laboratory quality records such as instrument logs and notebooks, calibration/metrology, stocking laboratory supplies, ordering consumables, and other processes related to lab organization.
- Key skills include operating, maintaining and calibrating laboratory instruments, and troubleshooting in case of malfunctions.
- Expertise in recording test data, compiling results, and helping prepare reports is required.
- Working knowledge of preparing reagents and buffers, filling test panels, accessioning incoming samples, inventory management, and safety procedures for chemical or Bio-hazardous materials is preferred.
- Associate’s degree or 1-2 years of vocational technical training preferred.
- HS diploma or equivalent is required, as is 2-5 years’ experience working as a laboratory technician.