Job Title: - Laboratory Technician
Job Location: Davie FL
Job Duration: 7 months
Shift: 8a-5p M-F
Under general supervision, performs a full range of testing of raw materials, components and finished product, prepares standard and sample solutions, and maintains appropriate sample testing documentation.
Essential Job Functions:
- This is not intended as a comprehensive list; it is intended to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed, and may be required to perform additional, position-specific tasks. Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures, and state, federal and local laws.
- Performs sampling and testing in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and current Good Manufacturing Procedures (cGMPs).
- Performs USP testing and/or environmental monitoring of controlled production areas.
- Conducts routine analysis of raw materials, using such techniques as UV/IR, TLC and automatic titration.
- Disposes waste according to Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulations and transfer of gas cylinders as instructed by supervisor/manager.
- Prepares standard and sample solutions for HPLC and assists in performing HPLC testing.
- Maintains appropriate documentation (records and lab notebooks) as required by SOP’s and cGLP’s.
- May receive and controls laboratory samples.
- May receive laboratory supplies and chemicals and maintain inventory control.
- Complies with all cGLP/GMP and safety requirements, laboratory SOP’s and Company policies.
- Complies with good housekeeping and safety practices; washes glassware and ensures cleanliness of testing equipment. Prepares and maintains volumetric tests and solutions.
- Collects samples of and test plant pure air systems, writes and issues routine exceeded alert/action notification and prepares and tests routine biological indicators. Performs sampling and testing for environmental monitoring. Writes and issues routine exceeded alert/action notification.
- Prepares and tracks purchase orders for lab supplies. Performs related duties as assigned. Required
Knowledge and Skills:
- Sampling methods and quality control systems • Advanced math and statistical skills • Working knowledge of pH, analytical balance, pipetting and good laboratory techniques • Basic training skills
- Basic chemistry or related sciences
- Computer programs and applications
- Reading, understanding and compliance with Company policies and procedures, including safety rules and regulations
- Reading, writing and speaking English
- Operating a personal computer
- Communicating effectively with all levels of personnel
- Understanding and following instructions as specified in the test methods
- Working independently with little or no supervision • Operating general equipment including autoclave, oven, pH meter, scale, pump dispenser, particle counters and viable air samplers.
Associates degree in chemistry from an accredited college or university and a minimum of 1-3 years of laboratory experience in the pharmaceutical industry, or two or more years of work experience as a Laboratory Technician; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.