Land Acquistion Specialist – Residential Construction – Olthof Homes
Olthof Homes established its reputation as a leader in home building excellence. We believe that with the right people our possibilities are endless. In over 20 communities, the privately owned and operated family business continues to set the new home building industry pace by creating exceptional new construction homes with the utmost quality, anticipating customer needs and providing customers with a new home buying experience. Olthof Homes has an opportunity for a Land Acquisition Specialist to join our team!
Job Summary: Responsible for identifying and acquiring suitable raw land and finished lots.
Job Location:Northwest Indiana
Essential Job Functions:
- Conduct general market research for area market including employment statistics, demographics, sales volumes and data for competitors and their communities
- Maintain and update information on area land closings
- Generate acquisition opportunities by developing relationships with a network of brokers, developers, and landowners
- Identify acquisition opportunities that meet corporate requirements and maintain a database of relevant information
- Negotiate and secure letters of intent and purchase agreements for land and finished lots
- Assist with property due diligence
- Assist with the preparation of underwriting packages for submittal to management
- Assist with land closings
Minimum education, experience & knowledge:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Business, or related area of study
- 5-years’ experience in residential construction, single or multi-family land acquisitions. Experience in land acquisitions, planning and development helpful
- Basic computer skills with experience in Microsoft Office suite of products helpful, including smart phone and tablet
- Valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving history
Additional attributes desired:
- Self-starter,motivated,problem-solver, excellent time and project management skills, ability to plan, excellent people person, good communication skills, professional in manners and conduct
- Competitive salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include: comprehensive group health insurance, company paid life insurance, company vehicle, cell phone allowance, generous paid vacation/personal time off, paid holidays, discretionary annual performance bonus and Simple IRA retirement plan with company match.
Date – July 16, 2018