Mastech Digital provides digital and mainstream technology staff as well as Digital Transformation Services for leading American Corporations. We are currently seeking a Lead AWS Cloud Engineer for our client in the Banking and Financial Services domain. We value our professionals, providing comprehensive benefits, exciting challenges, and the opportunity for growth. This is a Permanent position and the client is looking for someone to start immediately.
Location: Tampa, FL
Compensation: Best Market Rates
Role: Lead AWS Cloud Engineer/ Infrastructure Services Architect
Primary Skill: Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Role Description: The Lead AWS Cloud Engineer would need to have at least 9 years of experience. In this role as the Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) Cloud Architect, you will leverage Agile and CI/CD to enhance and expand the cloud-based service offering that will empower the software development teams for success.
As the CI/CD Cloud Architect, you will provide infrastructure, build-and-release, and CI/CD expertise to software development teams across the firm, work with program teams to understand their requirements, and provide guidance on developer platform implementations.
- Work in an Agile software delivery methodology highly focused on developing, deploying and enhancing build pipelines for CI/CD requests and projects in the Cloud
- Work collaboratively with support teams to troubleshoot and resolve Cloud based production issues including L1-3 support of CI/CD tools
- Conduct R&D of available industry tools and Cloud-services
- Work close with IT Architecture office forming strategy for on-boarding and future support of new tools and Cloud-services
- Lead the development of CI/CD tool and process automation for improved orchestration and workflow capabilities
- Oversee risk management functions such as reconciliation of vulnerabilities, security baselines as well as other risk and audit related objectives for the team
- 24x7 on-call L1-3 support on a rotational schedule with other team members
- Ensure incident, problem and change tickets are addressed in a timely fashion, as well as escalating technical and managerial issues, by following the company's ITIL processes
- Mitigate risk by following established procedures and monitoring controls, spotting key errors and demonstrating strong ethical behavior.
- 9 years of solid, diverse work experience in a production environment.
- Experience in the design and implementation of CI/CD solutions within a Cloud-based environment preferred.
- Bachelor's degree preferred with Masters or equivalent experience.
Leadership Competencies for this level include:
- Feedback: Seeks feedback from others, provides feedback to others in support of their development, and is open and honest while dealing constructively with criticism.
- Delegating: Effectively manages tasks and people, taking a practical approach to determine the most effective method of execution while respecting others’ expertise and considering others’ feelings and working styles.
- Inclusive Leadership: Values individuals and embraces diversity by integrating differences and promoting diversity and inclusion across teams and functions.
- Team Building: Builds teams by quickly establishing relationships and drives a team identity and shared purpose based on diversity of thought, skills and personalities.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Information Technology or another related field
Experience: Minimum 9 years
Relocation: This position will not cover relocation expenses
Local Preferred: Yes
Recruiter Name: Robert McCranie
Equal Employment Opportunity
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor
Years of Experience Required: More than 5 years
Expected Travel Time: None