RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client that is seeking a Lead Big Data Developer in Oakland, California (CA).
The Lead Big Data Developer will be driving the design, development and delivery of solutions, processes in Hadoop ecosystem. This position will involve reviewing requirements, defining solution approach, designing and implementing the data processing components. This involves working closely across business and IT teams in a complex matrixed environment.
Top Daily Responsibilities:
- Conduct Hands on Development, Data Engineering activities in Cloudera Hadoop environment
- Review requirements and translate to solution design in the Hadoop environment
- Work with other IT and business teams to plan, implement and delivery solution
- Deliver solution design documents
- Oversee planning for production support of developed solutions
- Experience working with Databases (Oracle), SQL
- Hands on development experience in Hadoop ecosystem (preferably Cloudera) and MapReduce; experience with Sqoop, Hive, Impala etc.
- Strong development experience with Java, scripting languages (Python)
- Data engineering, ETL design methodologies including best practices, performance tuning, architecture, designing and using Data Ingest processes
- Agile delivery, SDLC experience
- Experience with data visualization tools
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Keen sense of customer focus, team player
- Ability to adapt to and deliver in fast paced environment
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.