Lead Contract Analyst - Contract Development
Growing San Antonio based Company with a phenomenal reputation of being people centric and for giving back to the community. The Company is well known for its track record of internal promotion and career development. Offers great benefits and several weeks of vacation! Culture is open of team work and collaboration with great work life balance.
Looking for someone who: is comfortable interacting with senior management, wants non routine, wants to help drive the business, has a positive can do attitude, and wants to learn the contracting arena.
Great lead in contract development and building consensus with cross-functional departments to resolve complex contract management issues for the business. Works closely with Leadership and Sales teams to drive revenue and profitability growth through sound contracting principles and practices. Serves as key contributor in developing contracting tactics and strategies.
- Drafts and redlines contract language for customer pricing agreements; approves exceptions within predefined criteria; makes informed business decisions on the appropriate contracting strategy; and provides insightful business rationale for language modifications
- Consults with senior-level Sales business partners on negotiations strategy; develops outside-the-box solutions for and compromises with customers; and at times participates directly in customer negotiations
- Researches pertinent information to help develop business case for deal and contract modification, as required, to facilitiate business partnership between Sales and Offer Development teams
- Partners with cross-functional business teams in developing contract templates for customer pricing agreements
- Develops contract implementation plan to: (i) address internal system processing implications and requirements; (ii) document contract summaries; (iii) implement data and tracking elements within confines of contract management system; (iv) communicate key contract information to executive leadership and key business stakeholders; and (v) lead contract execution meetings with impacted business stakeholders
- Identifies critical pre and post-execution contractual issues and escalates them to the appropriate business or legal partners to mitigate, reduce, and eliminate risks for the business; drives cross-functional team discussions to build consensus and implements the necessary resolution of such issues
- Provides management with insightful observations and suggestions for improvement
- Participates in or leads various researching and reporting projects for executive leadership
- Assists in contract management aspects: amendments, milestones, compliance reviews, etc.
- Bachelors degree
- Five plus years of professional experience
- Ability to deal effectively with all employees, including Executive Management, while conveying a positive attitude
- Ability to build key relationships with team members across the organization and develop an informal network of internal consultants
- Possess strong analytical, project management and leadership skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion in business relationships and exercise sound business judgment
- Demonstrated ability in providing clear, actionable business direction and insight
- Ability to multi-task and appropriately prioritize work, while maintaining attention to detail is critical