Lead Controls Engineer
Key member of equipment design and support team helping provide leadership to enhance organizational capability through process, engineering contribution and organizational skills. This individual will help drive controls contribution to a cross functional high-performance equipment design team, including internal resources and external vendors / consultants.
In addition, they will develop detailed project plans and execute projects on time, in scope and budget that support operations goals and improve operational capability.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Respond to RFQ’s for state of the art automation, machine/motion control and robotics customers in a variety of industries including Food, Pharma, Packaging and Industrial sectors.
- Opportunity for high level and detail design contribution for PLC’s, HMI, SCADA, motor – motion controls and robotics
- Provide leadership in knowledge transfer and implementation of approved process and documentation standards
- Provide project management support including requirements gathering, project development, vendor management, proposal development and review, effective planning and execution, on time, in scope and budget
- Provide leadership and management of staff in all the above areas to include all supervision, performance management, career development, and all other personnel related functions
- Maintain all Automation related programs and documentation including PLC programs, HMI programs, and electrical ladder diagrams, P&IDs, pin charts, sequence of operations, etc.
- Maintain all automation programming software for the facility such as Rockwell Software, Wonderware, ICIS, Network Management, etc.
The requirements of this position include:
- BS in Engineering (preferably in Electrical Engineering)
- 10+ years of experience working in the automation engineering field
- Advanced knowledge of PLC system design/programming specifically focused on Allen Bradley PAC and PLC.
- Advanced knowledge of HMI systems focused on Rockwell Factory Talk View ME/SE and Wonderware Intouch.
- Ability to produce electrical diagrams, process flow diagrams, piping and instrumentation diagrams, using Autocad and Microsoft Visio.
- Highly effective team member who can work collaboratively, support a shared vision, energize others, challenge the status quo and drive change
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities to effectively develop team members and share knowledge
- Strong ability to manage multiple tasks given time constraints and ensure tasks are executed completely
- NEC/NFPA 70E
- FactoytalkView ME/SE
- Wonderware Intouch
- Wonderware Historian
- ICIS Plant Energy Management
- Fanuc Robotics
- ASi communication protocol
- Industrial HiVision