Milgard Headquarters in Tacoma, Washington has an exciting opportunity for a Lead Credit Analyst. The Lead Credit Analyst will direct and assist in the work activities of the credit analysts within their work group. They will also be responsible for performing hands on activities including gathering needed information to determine the credit risk and viability of Milgard’s potential and existing clients. Responsible for managing credit and collection issues as well as processing a high volume of customer contacts in a fast-paced environment; collecting on past due receivables, accurate application of payments against appropriate invoices by performing the following duties:
Essential Job Responsibilities and Results
- Oversee department activities for assigned credit work group for scheduling and assignment of tasks to meet work group performance goals. This will include assisting the work group with analyzing and correcting problems encountered in the group member’s activities. The lead will be responsible to communicate to the Corporate Credit Manager reporting on the work group’s progress as well as any ad hoc analysis required.
- Monitors account records - initiates contact to resolve delinquency issues.
- Initiates collection action by contacting customer and securing payments according to company policy via email and phone.
- Researches, identifies and resolves root causes for invoice disputes and action plans with appropriate company personnel
- Construction lien filing
- Maintains and records collection communication notes in appropriate systems.
- Possess intermediate skills computer skills - Microsoft Excel and Word for reporting and correspondence via Outlook.
- Assists team members as needed in order to meet Key Performance Indicator objectives and goals.
- Completes other tasks and projects as assigned
Milgard is seeking a candidate with an Associate’s Degree in Accounting or a related field. A Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or a related field is preferred. Experience using Oracle ERP or similar system strongly preferred. Construction based collection experience, including construction lien filing is also strongly preferred.
Along with 3-5 years of experience with collections, credit, and/or accounting. Viable candidates will need to demonstrate the ability to work cooperatively as a team member, possess the ability to multi-task, handle large volumes of data, and understands invoices, credits and rebill information. Proven ability to communicate courteously with customers to research and correct billing errors or other information.
Excellent customer service and strong written/verbal communication skills. Preserving good will of customer is of highest importance. If you are looking for a full-time opportunity that additionally offers a challenging and fast-paced environment, please submit your resume and cover letter for our review and consideration. Visit our career portal at https://www.milgard.com/learn/careers, to get more details on the position – and then upload your profile and apply!