Lead Data Technologist
-- Contract to Hire --
Location: Marlborough, MA with 1-2 days per week in Boston, MA
- Seeking a very strong hands on Data Technologist with Amazon Cloud Technologies and a strong understanding of relational databases, ideally Oracle. Must have strong Data Architecture and Design skills.
- Ideally seeking candidate that understands Financial data and a solid understanding of the Asset Management industry. Will entertain experience from other industries but financial experience is very helpful.
- Strong leadership skills are required as this individual will lead a team of 10+ data technologists (FTE and consultants - on and off shore).
- Excellent communication skills to interface with Business stakeholders.
- This will be based in Marlborough and will be asked to work in Boston 1-2 days per week
This role requires strong skills in the areas of investment process expertise, client management, strategy development, technology, and staff development.
- 10 years of experience in delivering technology solutions, at least 5 of those in the Asset Management industry
- Strong understanding of investment data and client reporting
- Expert in designing and implementing enterprise scale datamarts
- Proven track record in defining and developing robust Service Oriented Architectures
- Very strong understanding of Amazon Cloud Technologies and Software-As-A Service Integrations (Aurora, SQS, Dynamo, Elasticsearch, S3, EC2, Lambda, etc…)
- Expert knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL, and data modeling
- Solid experience in Oracle Database Technologies and AWS Aurora/MySQL
- Working experience in Big Data platforms such as Spark or Hive preferably in a cloud setup.
- Ability to build data centric solutions using Java stack. Should have experience in Java development.
- Solid Experience with Spring MVC and Spring Boot
- Hands on current or past experience in at least one ETL tool (Datastage, Talend etc.)
- Experience in Elasticsearch, DynamoDB and S3 based data solutions using unstructured data (JSON)
- Experience in database query tuning and system performance optimizations.
- Expert in implementing service based data providers with detailed understanding about versioning and data security.
- Familiarity with modern java script frameworks like Angular & React