This position serves as the lead in a classroom of Head Start children by facilitating team planning, implementation, and supervision of classroom activities. Will work with typically developing children and children with disabilities. This position shares the responsibility for parent education and supporting parent involvement in the program. Provides supervision to Assistant Teachers, Program Aides and volunteers working in the classroom.
As Center Director, will primarily responsible for daily center-based program functioning while assisting the Region Manager in providing leadership and implementing assigned functions of the site in the areas of child and family services, fiscal, human resources, transportation/vehicles, facilities, food services, inventory, child safety and technology in order to provide reliable, healthy and safe services to children and families, and to support the goals of the program. This position serves a member of the region’s management team. Evening and weekend work may be required.
- Work as a team member with classroom staff and parents to implement curriculum that is meaningful and meets the individual and program needs.
- Directly supervises all classrooms staff and conducts on going supervision with classroom staff.
- Responsible for the weekly preparation of daily lesson plans, including objectives to be posted for parents, volunteers and visitors in the classroom.
- Develop an individual plan for each child to include goal setting based on identified needs and prescriptions for objectives and activities to meet established school readiness goals and outcome goals.
- Complete mandated 45 day requirements and ongoing assessments.
- Schedule and arrange meetings, and documents parent-teacher conferences and home visits as required. Attend CPSE meetings when scheduled.
- Under the supervision of the Region Manager, the Center Director ensures the site and its programming are in compliance with Head Start Performance Standards and NY Pre-K regulations and standards and acts as lead for coordination and oversight in the following content areas: Child Safety; Facilities, Materials and Supplies.
- Supports the Region Manager and Service Area Managers in the area of supervision and training.
Position offers a rate of $16.00 per hour with an additional .25 as Center Director.
Please send resume along with letter of interest.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field.
- At least 1 year supervision experience with proven techniques for managing staff.
- At least 1 full year teaching in an early childhood program/classroom.
- Knowledge of the best practices related to early childhood education NYS Child Day Care Licensing Regulations, Federal, state and local safety, and building code requirements.
- Must be willing to obtain and maintain Basic First Aid, CPR certification and MAT (Medication Administration Training) within the initial probationary period and maintain certification.
- Safe and thorough basic cleaning and sanitation practices. Facilities knowledge helpful.
- Above average organizational computer and communication skills, ability to work as a member of a team, good interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain professionalism with staff and clientele. Ability to work under pressure and exercise good judgment. Ability to communicate effectively with people of diverse social and economic backgrounds.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be insurable to operate agency vehicles.
- Medical Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Personal
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid School Breaks
SCEOC is a private, nonprofit community action agency serving Saratoga County. We are the designated anti-poverty agency, dedicated to providing and promoting opportunities for individuals and families to achieve self-sufficiency. We are an advocacy organization assisting families and individuals in developing solutions to promote healthy, thriving families and caring community partners. We provide services coordinated at our main office as well and in the county schools. Services include Head Start, WIC, Energy Services/Weatherization, Crisis Intervention, Latino Community Advocacy, Vita Tax Services, Food Pantry, and a Soup Kitchen.