This position requires the ability to obtain a Security Clearance
Lead Facilities Planner
In order to apply for a Security Clearance you need to be a U.S. Citizen
Lead Facilities Planner
- Collaborate and work successfully with other group leads (project management and engineering)
- Oversee the planning of ways to improve existing space, solve problems and making recommendations
- Integrated project planning based on facility requirements from various areas; research, space, infrastructure, modernization, utility, energy, etc.
- Incorporate the existing organization’s master plan into all facility planning
- Conduct building audits of employee and laboratory space layouts for improvements
- Continuously manage customer requests and prioritize a program of planning initiatives within space management, facility modernization and capital renewal / deferred maintenance.
- Create budgets as necessary with the assistance of the department estimator
- Track and report progress of all planning efforts
- Review and approve all planning estimates (cost and schedule) as provided by the department estimator
- Make intuitive and creative design decisions
- Present and participate in client meetings and design charrettes
- Work across the entire organization to nurture the customer relationship & represent the facility department professionally
- Active involvement in Facility Associations to maintain knowledge of best practice solutions within industry for energy, sustainability, modernization, furniture, etc..
- Bachelor degree in architecture or relevant field from an accredited program
- 15+ years' experience in facility planning and design experience preferred
- Extensive project management and staff supervision experience
- Must have in-depth knowledge of the construction process, understand building codes, general safety practices incorporated to the work space, be able to read blueprints, and other industry-related documents.
- Individual must be self-directed and success focused
- Strong leadership and relationship-management skills
Preferred Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent presentation skills. Communication and interpersonal skills allow you to work very well in a team
- Advanced knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines; LEED AP a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite