Lead Full Stack Developer (Java / Angular)
We are an established services provider working with venture capital and private equity firms, in search of a lead developer to assume the overall technical responsibility for an early stage financial services web application. The core product is based on a Java Spring Boot API with a Neo4j database and an Angular 4 front end.
Our ideal candidate is highly technical, with experience at every level of web app development and delivery. You will be working with a third party development shop to share knowledge, codebase and production infrastructure. You should be comfortable working solo with small team leadership a plus.
Additionally, as the first in house developer hire, you will be relied upon for ongoing architectural leadership, technical guidance and hiring decisions.
Day To Day responsibilities:
- Working closely with our chosen third-party development shop to understand and share responsibility of institutional and domain knowledge, application code and production infrastructures.
- Author full stack code for web applications following specifications, guidelines and tools provided by the company.
- Regular performance of system analysis and development to insure that the company and its clients’ systems are current with evolving technologies.
- Analysis of current software programs utilized by the company for numerous purposes including performance, diagnosis and troubleshooting. Troubleshooting efforts will include review and evaluation of problematic programs and creation of solutions to address the issues.
- Planning, processing and performing of all software related tasks in an efficient manner.
- The provision of leadership and support regarding technical issues.
- Performance of research regarding software options and for the routine recommendation of preferred software products for the company.
- Maintenance and updating of the company’s existing and acquired software products including both automated updates and manual updates.
- Completion of software projects as assigned.
- All other duties as assigned and reasonably associated with this position.
Minimum Experience & Qualifications:
- Independent, self-driven software developer
- Strong senior level development experience with Java/ Spring
- Production experience designing and querying graph databases (Neo4j)
- Experience working with relational databases (MySQL)
- Experience designing & implementing RESTful APIs
- Experience with unit testing, profiling, and performance tuning (Groovy/Spock/Jasmine/Karma)
- Functional knowledge of Docker
- Familiarity using Amazon Web Service products
- Experience with deployment technologies (Jenkins, Nexus, Git)
- Experience working with legacy code and managing technical debt
- Experience with vendor management and working with third party development teams
Our ideal candidate has some of these characteristics
- Broad experience across technologies, stacks, and programming languages
- Capable of producing architectural documentation (ERD, UML, graph data modeling)
- Production experience using Docker for continuous deployment
- Production experience with the AWS catalog (ECS, SES, Lambda, RDS, SQS, CloudWatch, CloudFront, S3, Route53)
- Experience designing relational databases