Who we are:
Global Healing Center is a leading manufacturer, distributor, and retailer of healthy living products, specializing in cleansing and detoxification. Our mission: create and market the best products possible, help as many people as we can through education, and provide customers with solutions to live a healthy lifestyle. Check us out at www.globalhealingcenter.com if you are truly interested in working with us.
Here's the job:
You will be leading and managing a team of front-end and back-end developers to maintain and carry out web development projects for our websites. This includes our main e-commerce site and several microsites. You must have a deep understanding of e-commerce and CMS platforms, extensive LAMP stack experience, and hands-on front-end/back-end development. You will be expected to be an effective leader and contribute creative solutions for our growing web technology needs.
- Effectively lead, coach, support and develop the Web Development Team;
- Manage resources, assignments and tasks across the Web Development Team;
- Coordinate with the CTO and other team managers to ensure optimized workflow between teams;
- Effectively track and manage projects to completion to meet deadlines, through our project management software;
- Configure and maintain Magento and WordPress to work with other business tools;
- Implement/consume REST services;
- Maintain PCI compliance requirements;
- Provide suggestions and recommendations for new technology solutions;
- Administer, configure, monitor and test application servers;
- Implement and monitor scheduled database and application backups;
- Monitor and maintain LAMP stack servers (security patches, updates, etc.);
- Create, maintain, and enforce code standards;
- Maintain and manage the web infrastructure for high availability of critical e-commerce operations.
- Balance management and development duties;
- Take initiative and set the energy for the team;
- Manage updates to the organization's web presence including reporting on usage analytics;
- Lead continuous web site improvements and optimizations;
- Review, evaluate, analyze and modify existing programming as necessary;
- Work collaboratively with other teams on projects to improve and enhance our websites.
- Manage all phases of special projects: from development, design, testing, production release, to monitoring, operations and performance management.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or another related field;
- Minimum 3 years of hands on back/front-end web development experience;
- Minimum 3 years of team lead, supervisor or manager experience;
- Knowledge of e-commerce operations, managing server environment, and database operations;
- Solid understanding of W3C web standards;
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) such as S3 and EC2;
- Comfortable in a Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP (LAMP) environment;
- Experience with responsive design;
- Strong knowledge of web frameworks;
- Strong PHP, OOP, and MVC principles and design patterns;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, task-focused, team environment;
- Strong initiative and self-starting approach;
- Ability to operate effectively during rapid growth;
- Great attention to details;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Experience working with responsive and mobile web development;
- Experience collaborating on and managing large software projects;
- Experience in leadership role or similar experience;
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with low tolerance for error.
- Knowledge of or experience in natural health industry;
- Actively embraces healthy living;
- Believes in helping others;
- Enjoys making a positive change in the world;
- Knowledge of SEO best practices;
- Available after-hours for servers/application troubleshooting;
- Relational DB concepting and modeling.
- Paid Time Off (PTO);
- Company covered health, dental, vision, and life insurance;
- 5% 401(k) match plus an additional 4%;
- Allowances for gym, continuing education, preventative care and other reimbursements;
- Employee store credit;
- Company sponsored events;
- Fun team-building activities.
How do I apply?
Fill out the online application and please be sure to include a copy of your resume AND a cover letter to us in PDF or Word Format.
This job description reflects our initial assessment of this position. It in no way is meant to limit or exclude any task which may be assigned. We are excited to add a new member to our team, and we believe strongly in growing from within. Please expect to learn new things while working here, and realize that you will be a valuable asset to the company.