**PLEASE READ BOTTOM OF ADVERTISEMENT FOR APPLICATION DETAILS. NO APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNLESS THEY ARE SUBMITTED VIA THE REFERENCED WEBSITE.**
Provide project management support, consultation, guidance and training to clinical and end users of telemedicine and identify business and technical solutions to enhance the digital experience of patients, families and care teams. Support strategic planning, daily operations and assist with technology planning in an effort to maximize user and organizational effectiveness. Core job duties include:
- Collaborates with project stakeholders and end-users to define and lay out the overall project work plan for the development and implementation of required technologies
- Continually communicates with key contacts from within the hospital and external vendors, while maintaining awareness of the project scope and objectives, and the overall project requirements and timeline.
- Develop project plans and strategies to roll out enhancements and/ or new capabilities and measures of success.
- Organizes projects that span disciplines, technologies, geographic areas and business cultures.
- Manage project plan, budget, operations of telemedicine technology, and telemedicine installations via oversight for any grants and philanthropic gifts.
- Partners and collaborates with all functional teams, including IT, Compliance, Legal, Operations, Marketing, and 3rd parties to plan the delivery of new products and user experiences.
- Works with the various stakeholders and systems to develop and implement standards
- Provide ongoing operational support for telemedicine service lines, including metric reporting.
- Primary point of escalation for all teams and works with stakeholders to proactively address key risks, and resolve issues in an expedient, professional and diplomatic manner.
- Troubleshoots and provides technical support on the hardware and software applications and integrations.
- Prepares and updates various types of telemedicine system documentation to ensure knowledge transfer.
- Recommends procedures to improve efficiencies
- Ensures regulatory compliance
- Travel to customer sites to support application implementation, upgrade, and or optimization.
Salary and Benefits:
- Work to be performed onsite at the UI Health Care Support Services Building, 3281 Ridgeway Drive, Coralville, IA 52241.
- Salary range is $65,000 to $95,412 for Lead IT Support Consultant (PIC4)
- Permanent salaried positions with a generous fringe benefit package including 24 days paid vacation; sick leave; health, dental, life and disability insurance options; and employer contributions into retirement plans.
- Probationary period, if applicable, to be communicated at time of offer.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in business management, health administration, information technology or a related field.
- Experience (typically 3-5 years) managing business and operational rollouts of digital or technology focused initiatives
- Project manager or project leadership experience as demonstrated by the ability to simultaneously lead multiple small to large-scale projects and initiatives within complex internal and external environments.
- Working experience with an Epic-specific healthcare enterprise application or similar EHR system used to support teleconferencing business and workflow concerns
- A valid driver’s license and ability to meet UI Fleet Safety requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with technical and non-technical staff; and
- Demonstrated job-related experience and/or commitment to diversity in the work/academic environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with any of the following workflows: scheduling, referrals, ambulatory or inpatient clinical documentation, patient EHR portals, and telemedicine
- Ability to work independently with a strong focus on customer service and acting as the primary point-of-contact for customer relationship concerns.
- Experience authoring training materials and conducting training sessions for groups of various sizes
- Ability working with staff to define workflows, creating documentation to support those workflows and assisting in the knowledge transfer to ensure staff understand the processes
- Experience in the management of team members, conducting performance reviews, and working with staff on professional development.
Onsite interviews to be conducted in June and July 2018. Applicable background and credential checks will be conducted. To apply, visit our website at http://jobs.uiowa.edu and search for Requisition # 72971.The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability or status as a protected veteran.
University of Iowa Health Care is committed to excellence every time, caring with our minds, hands and hearts.