New York State of Health (NYSOH) Marketplace is a one stop shop for New Yorkers to find affordable low-cost health insurance. New York as an early innovator decided to build a state-based exchange (NYSoH). NYSoH is an online health exchange where eligible individuals and small business employees shop to obtain health insurance. GCOM has almost 50 resources working on this project, and it is considered to be very long term (multiple years).
We are looking for people who want to make an impact to the project.
- Analyze – Systems and program requirements for design, creation and testing of programs
- Design – Write and deliver well designed, testable, efficient code ensuring designs are compliant with specifications.
- Build –Highly complex Java/J2EE applications using relational databases while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept, design, and documentation to testing.
- Improve – Support continuous improvement with creative and efficient technical solutions. Develop and suggest alternative approaches to problem resolution. Assist in resolving production support issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or related field
- Nine (9) years of programming experience with solid understanding of Core Java Concepts such as Object Oriented Programming, Java Collections API, Exception Handling, Multi Threading is required plus a very good understanding of J2EE Concepts, Architecture and Technologies
- Seven (7) years of extensive working experience in J2EE technologies such as JMS, Java Server Pages, Java Servlets, HTML, Jasa Script, SML, XSD, XSLT, Xpath with a good understanding of JAXB & JAXP.
- Three (3) years or more of Drools Tools experience with a good understanding and working experience in writing business rules using DROOLS/JBRMS and Integrating with Java/J2EE Applications
- Ability to write simple and complex SQL Queries, preferably with DB2 SQL syntax including PL/SQL
- Extensive experience in writing and executing Junit testcases & debugging Java/J2EE applications
- Seven (7) years of practical hands on experieince in Basics of Spring Framework.
- Seven (7) years of extensive experience in using various Spring Modules such as Spring MVC, Spring Batch, Spring Security, Spring DAO/ORM, Spring Transaction Handling etc.
- Seven (7) years of knowledge and experience in Webservices concepts such as WSDL, SOAP, UDDI, RDF
- Experience implementing RESTful and/or traditional web services using technologies such as JSON, SOAP, XML
- Application Server experience such as JBoss and WebLogic
- Seven (7) years of demonstrated experience on ORM Tools, preferably Spring Hibernate with strong conceptual knowledge of JPA
- Seven (7) years of extensive experience in Build Automation Tool, preferably Maven & related concepts such as Project Object Model, Plugins, Build Life Cycle
- Five (5) years of Relational Database experience
- Ability to understand the database design, table structures, indices etc. in order to develop effective and efficient code
- Extensive experience with front-end development tools and technologies such as Angular 2 or higher
- Extensive experience with back-end technologies like Hibernate, JDBC, JDO
- Good understanding of Java, J2EE Applications Profiling and Application Tuning
- Solid understanding and practical experience of applying JQuery concepts such as handling Events, AJAX through JQuery, selecting and traversing DOM objects is a plus.
- Working knowledge in Web based Application Development and related tools and technologies such as Eclipse, any Application Servers (Preferably WebSphere or JBoss), and SOAP UI etc.
- Good understanding and working experience in writing business rules using DROOLS and Integrating with Java/J2EE Applications
- Two (2) years or more of EDI X12 834 transaction experience