Must have exceptional mechanical aptitude. Must be able to troubleshoot problems with electrical controls, welding equipment, CNC controls, paint equipment, forklifts, hydraulic systems. Must be able to call out for technical assistance when needed. Must be willing to be called in for after hours breakdowns. Must be capable of reading and understanding technical manuals and schematics. Must be safety minded.
- Performs diagnosis and repair of industrial equipment, metal fabricating machines and building systems. Identifies problem, repairs or replaces parts, performs test operation of machine.
- Performs repairs to mechanical systems, hydraulics, pneumatics and electrical systems of equipment and machines.
- Coordinates installation of equipment. Schedules contract service vendors as needed. Maintains inventory of repair parts and mechanics hand/power tools. Reorders maintenance tool room and plant supplies and equipment as needed subject to purchasing guidelines.
- Sets up and operates various machine tools to make or repair parts. Operates mill, lathe, drill, grinder, presses and similar machines.
- Operates electrical testing devices, mechanical inspection tools and related items.
- Plans and carries out a preventative maintenance program to minimize unscheduled downtime. Maintains maintenance records for equipment, service records and related data.
- Maintains building and property re: painting, carpentry and general cleanliness.
- Participates in safety committee activities. Maintains all safety programs, records and procedures.
- Makes machine of facility adjustments to comply with local and OSHA regulations.
- Cooperates with government inspectors on compliance inspections.
- Operates forklift, manlift and company vehicles.
- Participates in performance improvement measures and tasks. Recommends improvements.
- Participates in training and is accountable for learning the material and information.
- Completes all paperwork and maintains all files associated with the position.
- Maintains satisfactory attendance and job performance.
- Ability to perform job in a positive, courteous, and professional manner.
- Work as a team member to aid all shifts and support personnel to operate to departmental standards including quality goals.
- Performs job in a safe manner by adhering to all safety policies and procedures.
- Understands the Harassment policy of the company and is responsible for its application in all aspects of employment.
- Must be willing to come in after hours when called.
- High school or GED, preferably with trades training in machining, electricity, and mechanical repair.
- Must be mechanically inclined and have basic knowledge of how machines work.
- Must be able to read and understand training instructions, job instructions, safety instructions and blue prints, which are provided verbally and in written form in English.
- Basic knowledge and use of tools and testing equipment.
- 2 – 3 years troubleshooting and repairing industrial equipment. Must be able to perform work on electrical, hydraulics, welding equipment, press equipment, laser; HVAC.
- Possess mechanical/diagnostic skills, ability to read and understand blueprints, and ability to set up and operate machine tools and material moving equipment.
- Ability to fabricate and weld as needed.
- Ability to discuss, read, and comprehends technical manuals, schematics, and equipment instructions.
- Mathematical ability including fractions, conversions and metrics.
- Must work off of manlifts and ladders.
- Excellent time management skills to prioritize various jobs and carry out preventative maintenance schedules.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to be personable to all levels of internal and external customers.
- Basic computer skills.