Pay starts at $28.36
Logistics done differently.
At XPO, our skilled team of mechanics is the driving force that keeps our equipment in top condition. As the Mechanic Lead, you will ensure our team of mechanics have the tools and the skills needed to maintain our equipment. You will be responsible for scheduling, daily front line supervision of shop personnel, parts ordering, vendor control and training of mechanics. You will also provide reliable and roadworthy equipment at the lowest cost of ownership to our Driver Sales Representatives to allow them to provide superior and safe service to our customers.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability, and the opportunity to participate in a company bonus.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Schedule and supervise shop personnel
- Order parts and manage vendors
- Ensure mechanics receive required training
- Perform routine maintenance functions and adjustments on all types of class 7 and 8 diesel equipment in compliance with the manufacturers' and company schedules
- Perform routine maintenance functions and adjustments on all types of forklifts and trailing equipment in compliance with the manufacturers' and company schedules
- Access any area of the equipment or vehicle to perform necessary maintenance (including: inspect and perform work in, on or under parts of vehicles and trailers)
- Apply knowledge and work in accordance with DOT, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Interstate Authority, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and other rules and regulations
- Repair or rebuild all or part of equipment systems
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- 3 years of hands-on fleet mechanical experience
- Ability to lift objects of various shapes, sizes and weights (up to 50 lbs. frequently and greater than 75 lbs. occasionally)
- ASE Master MD/HD truck certification (if not already in place, the new hire will be REQUIRED to test each session until Master Certification status is obtained)
- Ability to diagnose and repair vehicle air-conditioning systems
- Obtain EPA HVAC Refrigerant Recovery and Recycling Certification within 90 days of hire (ASE, MACS or equivalent)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
It’d be great if you also have:
- Tractor and trailer experience
- Forklift repair knowledge
- Basic welding skills
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oréal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.