Our direct client located in Orlando, Florida is looking for a Lead PHP Web Developer. They are a full-service email agency. The team consists of a likeminded group of individuals who strive to achieve and fulfill their career goals as well as the goals of the Company. The team works closely with one another to provide our clients with a superior level of products and services.
As a PHP Web Developer, you will be involved in all aspects of the software development lifecycle and play a key role in the brand new development of key software systems. We need true software engineers who are experts at what they do. A few details are listed below:
- Writing code for primary application.
- Preparing application for live environment.
- Unit-Testing and End-to-End testing of code.
- Determine time estimates to complete tasks.
- Documenting technical specifications.
- Write the application according to specifications.
- Coordinating with designers, administrators, project managers and other programmers.
- Ability to work independently and work with other team members to ensure on-time quality delivery of applications.
- Prioritizing tasks and daily activities.
- Part of a project where he/she will receive the technical specifications and write code from it.
- Daily stand-up meetings to review current progress and obstacles with direct team.
- Weekly meetings to review with the entire technology team.
Minimum Knowledge, Job Skills, Abilities:
- 5+ years of PHP and MySQL development experience.
- Excellence in programming, debugging, and implementation skills.
- Basic understanding of database design.
- Flexibility and dependability.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience with at least one MVC framework.
- Knowledge and experience in Object Oriented Programming.
- Industry Best Practices.
- Ability to code HTML and CSS by hand.
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility and web standards.
- Full life cycle software development.
Experience with and working knowledge of:
- Agile/Scrum software development process.
- Linux/Unix environment.
- CMS Platforms and plugins.
- Version Control Software. (ie: CVS, SVN, Mercurial, Git).
- Web service development and consumption (REST, XML Feeds, and SOAP).
- Object oriented programming and Design Patterns.
- Model-View-Controller paradigm & Namespaces.
Team Leader Aspects of the Role:
- Work with upper management to lead a team of PHP Developers within agreed project deadlines.
- Assume a high level of ownership of all work developed by members of the team.
- Train and integrate new team members and proactively support the continued development of existing team members.
- Build and promote a positive working environment for the team within your areas as well as other business areas you will engage with.
- Effectively manage team members in line with company policy and procedures, including performance, development, disciplinary and conflict resolution with effective feedback.
- Proactively report and manage upwards to management and the business, so that they are well informed of the work currently in development.
- Implement team goals and objectives.
- Inspire and motivate team members
- Be knowledgeable about each member of your team, their strengths, weaknesses and effectiveness, whilst translating each of their behaviors into clear tasks and objectives to improve their individual performance.
- Be a champion for your area within the IT and business organization.