Spice Chain is a spice, herb and seasonings processor, blender and packager of spices. We have been in business for 50 years, located in East Brunswick NJ and we serve food retailers, manufacturers and distributors across the U.S. We are currently seeking a maintenance mechanic with prior working experience in a food manufacturing facility.
- Perform mechanical and electrical troubleshooting and maintenance on packaging, capping, filling machines, mills and blenders.
- Work side by side with production Teammates to improve line uptimes.
- Follow established safety and food safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties.
- Assist in maintaining machine spare parts and tooling.
- Develop and maintain standard practices for line set ups and changeovers
- High school diploma or higher
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience or trade school with basic Mechanical and Electrical concepts desired
· Abilities and experience in electrical and mechanical troubleshooting
· Ability to work independently and efficiently
- Pneumatic and some PLC work experience
· Electrical skills 480 volt to 24 volt
· Troubleshooting and problem solving skills
· Workshop experience and familiarity with tools, grinders, and welders
· Understanding of GMPs, HACCP, SOPs, Lock Out Tag Out, and OSHA regulations
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse work force at all levels of the business thereby creating a culture that allows us to better serve our customers, our employees and our communities. We offer a competitive benefits and compensation package. For further consideration, please email your resume and cover letter to our Human Resource department.