|Posted:||Nov 08, '17|
About SUNY Polytechnic Institute:
Employment is with the State University of New York Polytechnic Institute (SUNY Poly)
SUNY Polytechnic Institute (SUNY Poly) is New York's globally recognized leader in higher education and technology innovation, research and development. SUNY Poly serves as a major resource for pioneering research and development, technology deployment, education, and commercialization for the international nanoelectronics industry.
SUNY Poly is dedicated to the goal of building a diverse and inclusive teaching, research, and working environment. Potential applicants who share this goal, especially underrepresented minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
SUNY Polytechnic Institute is seeking a Lead Programmer/Analyst to join its Information Technology Services department as part of its Banner ERP team.
The successful candidate will work closely with functional area end users to support the College's IT software applications through implementation, enhancement, integration, and reporting activities. Duties will include analysis, development, and implementation of Banner centric software solutions.
SUNY Poly is currently running a hosted Banner 8.X environment. The College supports a diverse set of applications and database technologies which include: DegreeWorks, Docushare Document Imaging, Nelnet Business Solutions, Evision's Intellecheck Oracle 11g, Linux Server, and misc. in-house developed applications, web-based applications, databases, and other information services.
Other reasonable duties as assigned.
- Minimum of three years of programming/analysis experience with evidence of progressive responsibilities and increasing skill-sets
- Eagerness and willingness to learn newer technologies such as Groovy/Grails
- Proven hands-on programming/analysis in a Banner or related environment
- SQR, PL/SQL and SQL Plus programming skills
- Proficiency (minimum 1 year experience) in Unix/Linux operating system environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organizational/planning skills
- Ability to work both independently and closely with others according to project needs
- Proactive attitude and willingness to work in a team atmosphere
Applicants must address in their applications their abilities to work with a culturally diverse population. This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background check; this position may require annual checks.
- Current experience in programming with Groovy/Grails (or Java experience and a willingness to adopt Groovy)
- Good grasp of Object Oriented Programming concepts
- Programming/analysis in a general DB environment
- Functional knowledge (Banner 8.x or above) of one or more of the following Banner systems: Admissions, Registration, Bursar, Financial Aid and Alumni
- Knowledge of or experience in DegreeWorks
- Knowledge of or experience in Oracle Discoverer
- Knowledge of or experience in Argos
- Experience with PL/SQL Developer or an equivalent developer's tool
Current experience in shell scripting programming
Closing date for receipt of applications: until position is filled
SUNY Polytechnic Institute offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, SUNY Polytechnic Institute will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, creed, religion, color, citizenship, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, predisposing genetic characteristics, gender identification, genetic information, familial status, marital status, pregnancy, status as a domestic violence victim, criminal conviction, disability, military status, disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces Service Medal veteran, active duty or wartime campaign badge veteran, or other characteristic as protected by law.. Please feel free to review your equal employment opportunities protections and laws pertaining to these protections at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, or Clery Act, mandates that all Title IV institutions, without exception, prepare, publish and distribute an Annual Security Report. This report consists of two basic parts: disclosure of the College's crime statistics for the past three years; and disclosures regarding the College's current campus security policies. The SUNY Polytechnic Institute Annual Security Report is available in portable document format [PDF] by clicking this link:
Inquiries regarding the application of Title IX and other laws, regulations and policies prohibiting discrimination may be directed to the Title IX Coordinator TitleIX@sunypoly.edu at SUNY Polytechnic Institute. Inquiries may also be directed to the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights, 32 Old Slip 26th Floor, New York, NY 10005-2500; Tel. (646) 428-3800; Email OCR.NewYork@ed.gov.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, letter of application, along with The SUNY Polytechnic employment application.