The Lead SW Engineer will be required to hold a Secret clearance. The Lead SW Engineer shall be the lead SW coder on the Product Team. The Lead SW Engineer may be required to perform the following tasks:
- a) Support the Discovery and Framing process and follow-on user interviews
- b) Perform test driven development
- c) Perform paired programming
- d) Perform extreme programming
- e) Refactor legacy applications into a 12 factor application SW architecture
- f) Decompose legacy applications into a micro service architecture
- g) Perform technical assessment of existing legacy SW, and/or Commercial off-the shelf (COTS) SW to advise on the technical direction of the Product Team
- h) Perform net-new development, coding new SW to meet the user’s needs
- i) Perform legacy application refactoring, modifying legacy application to become cloud native
- j) Perform legacy application re-platforming, lifting and shifting legacy application into a PaaS
- k) Lead products from discovery and framework through iterative development and delivery
- l) Ensure the SW Engineers on the Product Team are performing agile methodologies, continuous delivery to the cloud, and the development of 12 factor SW applications
Individual must have senior knowledge and senior hands-on experience in developing, implementing and leading software programs. As a senior coder, this labor competency is responsible for maintaining and improving the performance of existing software code, with duties to design and update software databases under contract. Clear communication skills are required. Astute ability in writing test scripts, in an agile software development environment, where built in automated test procedures are paramount and continuous integration of software and continuous delivery of software, is the culture. This competency is required to further test and maintain software products to ensure strong functionality and optimization. Recommendation of improvements to existing software applications as necessary. Individual shall be capable of performing the software tasks relevant to the basic contract requirements in forming and working on software coding team.
Minimum Education/Experience Requirements:
- a) Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent technical degree.
- b) 8 years’ experience in full stack development to include Java, Web services, Database, and web application development. Experience with agile and lean philosophies
- c) Proven experience building applications using a 12 factor application SW architecture, micro services, and API
- d) Experience writing and building cloud native applications.
- e) Possesses an Agile Development Certification as either a Scrum Master, Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP), or equal to.
- f) Experience working independently with clients or stakeholders conducting interviews, observations and surveys to successfully create a user-story.
- g) Experience designing full-service consumer and business applications
- h) Experience in research, visual design, graphic design, consulting, and/or development.
- i) Experience with Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration
techniques delivering SW to the cloud.
- j) Experience in test-driven development and automated testing practices.