Job ID: 12457
Vision Research is a Business Unit in the Materials Analysis Division of AMETEK, Inc. Vision Research manufactures industry leading high-speed digital cameras. Our cameras are primarily sold into industrial, academic, defense and government research facilities. We also have a smaller entertainment oriented camera business. Although not our primary focus, Vision Research has received both an Academy Award and an Emmy for our technical contribution to the entertainment industry. To learn more about Vision Research, Phantom cameras and to get a good idea of the type of images we can collect please go to www.phantomhighspeed.com
AMETEK, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with 2015 sales of $ 4 billion.
AMETEK has over 15,000 colleagues at more than 120 manufacturing locations around the world. Supporting those operations are more than 100 sales and service locations across the United States and in 30 other countries around the world.
AMETEK is a New York Stock Exchange-listed company (ticker symbol: AME) and a recent addition to the S&P 500. We strive to recognize, appreciate, and value diversity within our corporate culture. AMETEK Vision Research provides a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, and 401(k) with company match. We have a casual work environment. AMETEK Vision Research is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
The Senior Buyer Planner will perform both purchasing and planning activities for the Business Unit (BU). Specific duties and functions required to meet team goals and objectives include manufacturing planning utilizing an MRP system, team/vendor communication and evaluation, and inventory forecasting and control. The Senior Buyer Planner will also participate in interdepartmental business planning, product lifecycle, and inventory management, as well as tracking individual and team performance relative to strategic goals. Specifically, this candidate will operate in a hands-on role executing purchasing and planning actions while building, leading, and managing the materials planning and control functions for the BU.
The job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Increase utilization of GSO and other low-cost sourcing regions.
• Get maximum number of suppliers on an e-Kanban pull system.
• Develop detailed supplier audit; conduct audits on all key suppliers every year; track and monitor supplier improvement programs as required; track and report supplier on-time delivery and quality.
• Work with suppliers to reduce order quantities while increasing order frequency to help with working capital and reduce risk on obsolescence issues.
• Establish a formal A-B-C-D inventory management process.
• Participate in the sales and operations planning process to ensure incoming material meets product volume and mix requirements.
• Participate in the design for manufacturing and value analysis/value engineering initiatives.
• Participate in the make/buy evaluations and qualify new vendors where applicable.
• Minimize obsolete and excess inventory.
• Plan and purchase, manage resources/vendors and all inventories (FG, WIP, Raw) to achieve team and business goals to support manufacturing.
• Apply the latest planning and information management tools, search out and leverage best-practices, and participate in ongoing skills training.
• Maintain strong lines of communication with teammates, vendors, other BUs across the Division, cost accounting, IT, QA, customer service and distribution to ensure that all ideas and issues are addressed.
• Maintain all material control-related systems to reflect changes of internal and external customer demand.
• Work with business unit on inventory and logistics planning of new products, inventory forecasting/reduction, strategic yearly cost reduction initiatives, and continuous improvement of quality systems.
• Optimize and balance inventory levels to maximize key metrics; inventory turns, component availability and cost, transportation costs; limit excess and obsolete inventory.
• Develop and maintain effective relationships with existing suppliers; evaluate and select new vendors.
• Monitor, evaluate, and report on suppliers’ performance.
• Proactively improve supplier On Tim Delivery (OTD).
• Visit vendor sites to investigate vendor’s ability to meet quality requirements, specifications, and delivery dates, as well as audit supplier’s capacity, capabilities, and determine and supplier related risks to the business.
• Ensure that materials are purchased at lowest cost, in specified quantity and quality, within scheduled dates while maintaining or improving component quality.
• Manage Material Review Board (MRB) process and have complete responsibility for material quality and supply chain quality and delivery performance.
• Evaluate in-house and subcontract opportunities.
• Make recommendations on use of alternate materials (value analysis) for engineering analysis and approval.
• Follow-up and expediting of vendor deliveries when necessary, and ensure all INCO terms and conditions are met.
• Develop and maintain accurate standard costs for all purchase components and assemblies.
• Advise management of industry competitive situations, alternative supply sources, commodity price trends and supply/demand situations.
• Perform all above duties in accordance with applicable directives and company policies.
Necessary Skills and Talents:
• BS degree in material management, business, or logistics preferred, or job-related training with ten years of experience.
• Demonstrated advanced data management, manufacturing forecasting, production planning, project management, and purchasing experience.
• ERP/MRP or APICS/ISM certification preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to work in and be challenged by a team-based environment, which places a high degree of emphasis on accountability for customer service levels, inventory management, cost reduction, and quality compliance.
• Experience in international purchasing, sourcing and qualifying new product manufacturers; willing to travel domestically and/or internationally to make supplier audits.
• Effective verbal and written negotiation and communications skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
• Proven experience in project leadership, demonstrated strengths in multifunction and interdepartmental communication, project management, and scheduling.
• Highly developed problem-solving, analysis, and decision-making skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.
- Travel Percentage: 10%