Leading uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, Blackbaud provides software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to advance the social good movement. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, foundation, corporations, education institutions, and the individual change agents who support them. We work with over 35,000 organizations, helping them realize their goals, fund their missions, manage their operations, and develop long-lasting supporter relationships. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them.
Many individuals find themselves coming to Blackbaud because of the clients we serve. The idea of using your craft/skillset to help non-profit organizations further improve how they achieve success for their causes is a great driving force for many people here.
About Our Development Team
We have really revamped how we do software development at Blackbaud over the last few years. While much of our success comes from our existing products, we’ve realized that in order to adapt to the ever-evolving technology landscape, we must evolve along with it. This means moving to more modernized tech stacks, building micro-services, releasing daily, deploying in the cloud, practicing test driven development, and empowering our development teams to own their features end to end.
- Platforms/Tools – AngularJS, Apache Kafka, Event Hubs, ElasticSearch, Spring Boot, Ansible, MyBatis/JPA
- Cloud Providers – AWS and Azure
- Collaborate with peers to design, develop and deliver performant/scalable Java/AngularJS based micro-services
- Actively contribute in discussions around software architecture and application design
- Actively practice TDD, pair programming and Agile best practices
- Perform design and code reviews
- Work closely with your team’s stakeholders and team members to coordinate schedules, identify task assignments, and provide progress updates at daily stand-up meetings
Drive development effort End-to-End for on-time delivery of high quality solutions that conform to requirements
Create design documentation
Provide critical thinking, technical innovation and attention to detail while service as a trusted advisor in the organization.
- 5+ years of utilizing Java to deliver scalable applications
- 3+ years of utilizing AngularJS to build web-based applications
- B.S. in Computer Science or relatable work experience
- Excellent communication skills – Ability to listen and share ideas in small or large groups
- Ability to provide mentorship to other engineers
- 2+ years of experience contributing in TDD work environment creating unit, integration and end-to-end tests to maintain code quality and coverage
- Passion for keeping up to date with evolving technologies and finding creative ways to bring those ideas to our existing features/products
- Experience working within a micro-service based architecture
- Experience working in a professional DevOps environment
- Experience using AWS or Azure cloud providers
- Experience utilizing distributed stream processing platforms like Apache Kafka
- Located at the Domain in North Austin
- Monthly hack-a-thons for innovation and professional development
- Excellent work-life balance and ability to work from home when needed
- Free on-site parking
- On-site gym
- Relocation available
Why you’ll want to come work here:
- Competitive salary (commission/bonus based on type of role), 4 weeks paid time off, great benefits (medical, dental, vision, FSA), 401K match
- Gift matching, volunteer for vacation program, and endless community involvement opportunities
- Named to Forbes’ Fast Tech 25 and Fortune’s Change the World List; we are growing and offer incredible opportunity for advancement
- Tremendous company culture and office perks like onsite gym, free snacks, café, and cutting-edge new headquarters to be completed in 2018
- Check us out for yourself on The Muse!
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.