Lead Software Specialist
Fort Belvoir, VA 22060
Choisys Technology, Inc. is an ISO 9001, 20000, and 27001 certified and VA certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) Information Technology services provider located outside our nation's capital and in the epicenter of the Government IT industry. Choisys is an information technology infrastructure services provider with offerings in: Systems Engineering, Network Infrastructure Engineering, Video Teleconference Solutions Engineering and Program Management. Our proficiencies are Medical IT Services, Education/Training IT Services and Government IT Services.
Weare seeking a Lead Software Specialist to join a team of IT professionals at the Office of the Chief of Army Reserve located at Fort Belvoir, VA.The Office of the Chief of Army Reserve provides the Chief of Army Reserve with a staff of functional advisors who develop and execute Army Reserve plans, policies and programs, plus administer Army Reserve personnel, operations and funding. The CAR is responsible for plans, policies and programs affecting all Army Reserve Soldiers, including those who report directly to the Army. OCAR is made up of specialized groups that advise and support the CAR on a wide variety of issues.
The candidate must have strong oral and written communication skills, be a US Citizen and have an ActiveSecret DoD Security Clearance.
- Oversee the administration, management, and maintenance of the ten existing small-scale databases to ensure accurate and appropriate use of DOD data.
- Install, configure, and administer Microsoft SQL server.
- Monitor database performance, availability, capacity and utilization for proper configuration.
- Tune small to large scale databases, review query plans and index usage, perform script review and optimize as needed.
- Maintain existing or new Web institutional applications (i.e. Share Point), pages and provide page audit functions as needed.
- Bachelor’s or Post-graduate degree and a minimum of six (6) years of experience in the information technology or a related field.
- Certified Knowledge Management (CKM) certification required.
- CompTIA Security + CE certification.
- Active Secret DoD Security Clearance
Choisys Technology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. The candidate must have the ability to sit for long periods of time, ability to discern colors, ability to read and monitor a computer screen for an extended period, 100% requirement to work on site.