This individual is responsible for leading the development of test plans and overseeing the testing of all products by GSSI, especially all software and system products under Development. This job requires a thorough knowledge of all GSSI software and system products. Must be able to develop test strategies that comprehensively exercise all products efficiently and make sure that products meet design goals, manufacturing requirements and customer expectations. This is a full-time exempt position.
- Lead an SQA team in the test and verification of new products, new features and functionalities related to the company's products.
- Ensure the team maintains best practice test methodologies.
- Develops testing strategies and plans for software and system products.
- Executes and oversees the execution of test plans.
- Develops software utilities or test stands for internal use at GSSI.
- Develops custom automated testing software and other software testing strategies for all products.
- Defines strategies and tools for configurations of systems and software integration.
- Develops strategies and tools to qualify third party computer products and sub-assemblies for new and existing products.
- Provides assistance to customer support with difficult technical issues.
- Develops realistic estimates for proposed test plans and schedules.
- Utilizes source control, continuous integration and unit testing best practices.
- Strong desire to learn and develop additional skills and expertise over time.
- Works closely with other test and software engineers.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- 10+ years of experience in all phases of the project development life cycle.
- Knowledge of software testing standards and methods.
- Creative, resourceful, and innovative problem solver
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and reach. The employee is occasionally required to bend, kneel, squat, climb, lift, and use fine motor skills. The employee must occasionally lift or carry a maximum of 30 lbs.
All applications are confidential and GSSI is an equal opportunity employer.