Job ID: 137824
Oldcastle Precast, a CRH company, is the leading manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete, and plastic products in the United States. Our products range from utility vaults, reinforced concrete pipe, catch basins, drainage and septic tanks, to retaining walls, storm shelters, wall panels, concrete barriers, a variety of prestressed concrete products and more. With more than 80 locations nationwide and 3,000 plus employees, CRH Americas is committed to upholding core values of reliability, quality, and service in cutting edge ways.
- Provide suggested methods and reports to Plant Manager to optimize labor and equipment usage.
- Develop and implement productivity improvements and measure/report results for weekly production planning.
- Formulate daily and weekly production schedules with Plant Manager and Production Scheduler. Communicate to plant employees daily.
- Ensure the necessary equipment and tools are available to execute the production plans.
- Must fully integrate and take a leadership role in driving a safety culture where employees identify and mitigate safety risks before they occur, and strictly adhere to safety programs
- Champion and own Safety Action Plan processes and procedures to educate, train and confirm employees know and apply Company Safety Action Plan. Conduct weekly tool box meeting with the crew.
- Ensure that the maintenance team works diligently to address equipment downtime/failure regardless of the hour of the day or weekend
- Focus on a variety of plant maintenance, repair, and installation operations as assigned and directed by the Plant Manager
- Troubleshoot and determine appropriate repairs, replace defective parts as needed and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment
- Perform preventative maintenance on the equipment, as needed, and overhaul the equipment when necessary
- Oversee the compliance of QC program for all products manufactured.
- Oversee mix management and compliance per product.
- Perform testing and inspection methods to confirm all finished products meet general appearance, ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials), AASHTO (American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials), local industry, customer, and company specifications.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Minimum of 3 years supervising equipment/employees in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in the manufacturing of concrete pipe /precast specifically Hawkeye and drycast manufacturing experience.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where quality and attention to detail are extremely important
- Ability to read a blueprint/AutoCAD drawing
- Strong math and problem-solving skills
- Ability to schedule multiple departments/jobs
- Knowledge of troubleshooting industrial machines a plus
- Must have a high school diploma/equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in construction, engineering, management, plant operations or equivalent preferred
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Precast, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.