Are you a problem-solver? A self-pronounced grammar nerd? An organizational maven? We need you!
Murdock Law, S.C. is a Milwaukee law firm focusing on litigation and appeals. We represent business owners, contractors, and homeowners in matters involving insurance coverage, real estate, and construction, and we provide outside general counsel services to small and mid-sized businesses.
We are looking for a Legal Administrative Assistant to provide support to the attorneys in our growing law firm.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Organizing and maintaining document filing systems
- Scheduling and calendaring meetings, court hearings, depositions, etc.
- Assisting with case management and trial preparation
- Drafting routine correspondence
- Proofreading, formatting, and finalizing written correspondence and court pleadings
- Filing documents in state and federal courts (e-filing)
- Processing mail
- Answering phones and resolving questions from clients, attorneys, and experts
- Assisting with client billing and accounts payable
To succeed in this position, you must have excellent written and oral communication skills, strong technology skills, exceptional organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks. You must be a professional with a Bachelor Degree and 3-5 years of administrative assistance experience. Prior litigation experience and familiarity with Wisconsin State and Federal Court rules and procedures is preferred. Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and WordPress preferred. Schedule and hours are flexible.