- The Legal Project Manager is responsible for the effective coordination of targeted General Counsel projects to ensure they meet their intended objectives within the context of quality, time and cost within this international automotive giant. In parallel, the Legal Project Manager is responsible for consulting with business units and project teams with respect to process improvements, innovation, project management best practices, as well as ongoing maintenance and development of General Counsel projects.
- All activities have strong focus on driving operational efficiency, innovation and are cross-functional in nature.
- Consult with and support business areas on operational efficiency opportunities, including continuous improvement and innovation. Manage initiatives via all phases from initiation to closure and monitoring - Daily 60% of the time
- Development and maintenance of the GC project portfolio and related information to ensure quality corporate - Daily 10% of the time
- Knowledge Management. Provide feedback and support to project leaders and teams to ensure the projects deliver on their objectives for overall company benefits. - Daily 10% of the time Development and maintenance of project management and process resources and tools. - Weekly 10% of the time Reporting to senior and executive management on the results of targeted projects. - Quarterly 10% of the time
- Actively influence associates to build an ongoing culture of innovation and best practices
- Must be able to work flexible hours/work schedule
- Travel domestically
- Work Holidays when required
- Work weekends when required
- Bachelor's Degree (accredited school) or equivalent work experience with emphasis in: Business Administration Business Management Communications Economics Finance Information Technology Technical Management-Logistics Project Management, Process Improvement, Logistics This job also requires the applicant's to have the following Licenses / Certifications
- Project Management Professional certification strongly recommended.
- Six Sigma or similar qualification can be an advantage
- Paralegal Certification is preferred but not required
Must have 5+ years (total) of experience in the following:
- Accounting general knowledge of internal controls, recording and reporting of financial transactions, including the origination of the transaction, its recognition, processing, and summarization in the financial statements.
- Automotive-Retail Knowledge of retail processes and procedures, with emphasis in New and Pre-owned sales, accessories, service and parts.
- Business - General Proficient Knowledge of fundamental business practices and concepts that impact the success and profitability of the organization.
- Business Management Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, human resource management and efficiency and process methods.
- Communications Planning Knowledge of marketing research sources and data analysis techniques, marketing plan development process, strategic and creative integration techniques, marketing team organization and operational processes.
- Finance Proficient Knowledge and understanding of the implications of key financial indicators and controls and assessing impact of financial information. Integrated Supply Chain Management (ISCM) Knowledge of the principles and methodology for a process- orientated integrated approach to procuring, producing, and delivering products and services to customers.
- Processing Knowledge of processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques in order to achieve maximum efficiency.
Job Family Competencies and Core Behaviors
Job Family Competencies:
- Adaptability Analysis & Problem Assessment
- Innovation Planning & Organizing Problem Solution
- Sees the "big picture" and thus understands relevant interrelationships. Participates actively in the development of a realistic strategy which ensures the long-term sustainability of the organization. Acts responsibly towards community, environment and key stakeholders.
- Anticipates and addresses needs of customers and business partners. Focuses on customer benefit. Understands the global industry and competitive landscape and recognizes the implications for the organization. Builds and maintains strong relationships with key contacts outside the organization
- Encourages innovation, creativity and "out-of-the-box" thinking. Perceives and capitalizes on trends relevant to own area of business. Uses effective strategies and methods to achieve the necessary change. Engages other relevant partners and wins their commitment. Cuts through ambiguity and paradoxes to speed up implementation.
- Sets high standards and achievable goals for oneself. Contributes to a bond of excitement, pride and inspiration, Demonstrates a high level of performance and inspires others to similar achievement through own dedication. Gives constructive feedback. Recognizes the abilities of colleagues and supports them.
- Cooperates closely and shares best practices across regions, divisions and functions. Demonstrates and supports an environment of "lessons learned" and continuous performance improvement. Places company interests above departmental interests. Contributes to an atmosphere of team spirit and common responsibility for results. Actively promotes an inclusive environment and capitalizes on diversity.
- Sets priorities and is willing to make tough decisions. Aligns decisions and business processes with the company's.
- Integrity Code and other compliance standards. Uses resources responsibly and acknowledges accountability.
- Executes plans with drive, commitment and discipline.
Skills & Abilities
- Analytical Skills: Ability to collect data and establish facts and identify trends and variances Ability to integrate information from a variety of sources with varied levels of complexity Ability to review and interpret and evaluate statistical information
- IT Skills: Ability to incorporate new technology into current and future business applications
- Project Management Skills: Ability to develop plans/projects from conceptualization to implementation Ability to organize workflow and direct tasks as well as document milestones and ROIs and resolve problems Ability to organize and manage a team
- Strong diagnostic and conceptual thinking ability
- Resourceful ability with positive attitude
- Ability to motivate and inspire for sense of urgency
- The fully trained individual must develop and maintain comprehensive knowledge of: Company Policies & Procedures and Company Mission, Goals & Vision Departmental practices/procedures and how they apply to customers Interdepartmental relationships and their effect on company, departmental and individual goals
- Software that is applicable to the job
Please submit your resume for consideration. Once submitted, feel free to contact Cathy at 201-226-3529 for additional information.
Approx. Duration: 6 months
About Hired By Matrix
Hired by Matrix, Inc. founded in 1986, is a certified Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE) dedicated to providing the highest quality of job opportunities to our candidates and staffing services to our clients. We are a full service staffing firm with experience recruiting and delivering for IT, Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Clerical, Clinical & Scientific, and Marketing disciplines. Our long history in the staffing industry and dedication to excellence are the key differentiators that have fueled our success for over 30 years.
As the staffing industry evolves, Hired by Matrix continues to develop and grow. By combining our expertise with a keen understanding of each client's needs we are able to source for the most qualified candidates. Our commitment to servicing our clients corresponds with our commitment to finding the perfect match between our clients and candidates and maintaining our relationships long term.
Hired by Matrix offers our contract professionals competitive salaries, benefits after 60 days and a 401k option after one year.
Equal Opportunity Employer
*CEO Sharon Olzerowicz serves on the WBENC Board and is a long-standing member of the Forum Governing Group.
Connect with us on LinkedIn and see how we can impact your career!
Hired by Matrix Career Center: http://bit.ly/HbMCareers