Labor, Employment, Benefits & Immigration/ERISA
At Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC, working together - to serve clients and to serve each other - is what we're all about. Our Firm has multiple offices in Florida, New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania, as well as offices in California, Delaware, North Carolina, Virginia and Washington, D.C.; we are always looking for talented professionals to join our team.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Legal Secretary in our Philadelphia, PA office. This individual will support members of the firm's Labor, Employment, Benefits & Immigration Team specifically in the area of Trade Secrets and Restrictive Covenants.
- Prepare, format, proofread, finalize and (where applicable) file legal pleadings and related documents, discovery, correspondence, etc.
- Coordinate service of legal documents
- Conduct independent research on local rules for courts and administrative agencies in which assigned attorneys practice
- Conduct independent research to find general information related to clients and specific matters, including formal entity/individual names, addresses, entity headquarters, etc.
- Gather and organize discovery materials and evidence for attorney review and case preparation
- Coordinate, schedule and calendar meetings, hearings, depositions, witness interviews, etc.
- Provide electronic copies of case documents to all attorneys working on the matter
- Manage, calendar and docket (where applicable) deadlines and due dates
- Create and maintain accurate and up-to-date client/matter files in both electronic and paper form
- Prepare and submit draft engagement letters and new client and/or matter forms
- Arrange and book attorney travel
- Accurately record, bill and submit expense reports for reimbursement
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years litigation and/or FINRA experience.
- Ability to work overtime if required.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Strong research skills.
- Adept in using a document management system (preferably NetDocs).
- Adept in using a time management system (preferably InApp Time Management).
- Proficient with Microsoft 2010 applications with expertise in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Proficient in electronically filing pleadings and other documents.
- Proven work ethic with the ability to multi-task several complex assignments with tight deadlines.
Buchanan Ingersoll and Rooney PC offers an outstanding benefit package that includes:
- 401K program
- Pension Profit Sharing Program
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.