The San Francisco office of Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP currently has a great opportunity for a Legal Secretary that will support both legal and administrative functions. The ideal candidate is a bright professional with strong proofreading skills, familiarity with both state and federal court filings and E-filing experience. A positive attitude and ability to adapt to a fast-moving environment are essential to this position.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of 5 years’ Litigation experience
- Candidate should have previous experience supporting multiple professionals, including the ability to keep team members on track with processes, policies and deadlines in a fast paced environment. Reliable, friendly and positive with a can-do attitude is essential.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and various legal software applications
- Extensive calendar management and scheduling of meetings, conference calls, travel arrangements and events.
- Overseeing entry and coding of time
- Management and tracking of expense reimbursements.
- Preparing draft court documents, specifically complaints, answers, discovery, briefs, motions, motions for summary judgment, correspondence and memos
- Preparing for trials as needed
- Organizing and maintaining documents, and case files
- Mailing, faxing, or arranging for delivery of legal correspondence to clients, witnesses, and court officials
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Must be extremely detail oriented, organized and have great follow through skills
- Must have strong multi-tasking skills and the ability to prioritize activities and work under pressure to meet client deadline expectations in a fast-paced environment.
- Accuracy, speed and professionalism a must
- Has the ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Must be skilled at typing correspondence and pleadings for attorneys
- The successful candidate will be someone with strong initiative and who is self-motivated and interested in taking ownership of the work and loves working as part of a team and coordinating with other departments throughout the Firm.
- Provides back-up support to other admins when needed.
- Ad hoc projects and duties as needed.