MAM Software Group, Inc. (NASDAQ Capital Markets: MAMS) is a leading global provider of on premise and cloud-based software solutions for the automotive aftermarket and other industries.
Main Purpose of Job
Working as part of the Technical Support Team you will provide prompt, accurate and professional resolution or escalation to all incoming customer queries, both over the phone and via our internal ticketing system. As a Support Technician you will use your knowledge of MAM’s proprietary software products, Windows operating system environments as well as SQL Server to effectively diagnose and triage a wide range of customer issues and requests.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- To ensure all incoming incidents are responded to promptly. Maintaining a confident and professional approach to all communications.
- To efficiently identify the caller and accurately assess their needs or requirements and nature of incident, following specific procedures based upon that assessment.
- To accurately identify and agree with the customer the severity of the incident allowing effective workload prioritisation to take place. Setting correct customer expectation.
- To ensure sufficient information is gathered and recorded as a new log on the Support System. The information should be an accurate and complete statement of the customer’s incident together with any actions taken or advice given.
- To take initial responsibility of the log and attempt to provide a solution using personal knowledge, colleague’s knowledge and available knowledge bases.
- Ensuring customers are kept informed on progress of any open logs for which you have responsibility.
- Where no immediate solution can be found, correct and prompt escalation based on current procedures.
- Continually develop product expertise by reviewing new functionality, testing product issues, and utilizing internal resources.