The Liberty Groups Business Development Manager (BDM) is a highly motivated individual. The primary focus of this role is to acquire new customers for our group business through community events and business partnerships within the Northeast territory to help develop and grow our annual business and create a pipeline of future customers.
The ideal candidate should possess both travel industry and business development experience including both business to business (B2B) and business to consumer (B2C) travel distribution. In-depth knowledge of our company value propositions, sales operations and brand offerings (Liberty Travel) will lead to the successful growth of client business. The role will require a high degree of flexibility in day to day operations, thinking “outside the box”, possessing the ability to plan while also the ability to adjust and adapt to a constantly changing environment. Key to this role will be working with cross-functional teams and stakeholders including the Brand Leader, Group sales teams, Key marketing team contacts, product and support areas while delivering on year over year growth across their territory.
Liberty Groups BDM Responsibilities:
- Source new leads and secure business through pro-active approaches
- Work with and respond to complex, large business Request for Proposals
- Market to clients via telephone as well as conduct in-person meetings with key decision makers for the purpose of marketing our services to prospective clients and building on existing relationships
- To grow incremental group business for Liberty Travel within 4 key travel purpose segments: Destination Weddings, Incentive Travel, Organizational Travel and Celebratory Travel.
- Research, plan for and attend local and regional external events where target customers could be seeking our service (Bridal Shows, Travel events, Organizational meetings and open-houses) Number of events will be agreed upon with Brand Leader once role commences but will include weekend commitments.
- Coordinate and host quarterly Liberty Travel Destination Wedding Expos which invite potential customers to experience our service offering and supplier and destination partnerships available to the them.
- Identify and prospect for key business partnerships in related business sectors. Partnerships would be formed with the intention of generating new inquiry and business to Liberty Group travel.
- Ownership of the customer referral model that is in place today that channels group travel business from Liberty Travel’s retail locations to the Liberty Group Travel specialist consultants and teams.
- Development a network of key hotel and travel partner relationships with Liberty Travel’s preferred partner network with the intention of collaborating on co-sponsored events and promotional offers to be featured at the events attended by the BDM.
Communication, Reporting, Administration and Implementation:
- Adhering to Salesforce activity and recording requirements to track, maintain and identify all customer and partnership opportunities and engagement.
- Provide a weekly update of sales pipeline, scorecard, and newly won business to direct leader and senior leadership
- Setup and process all newly signed accounts in accordance with company guidelines and process.
- Establish and implement new account onboarding meeting with sales operations and relevant senior leadership.
- To attend weekly or monthly meetings with Retail SWOT and Business Leader as required.
- An outgoing personality, good sense of humor, and the ability to easily engage people.
- A track record of successful sales experience.
- Prior experience with cold calling and/or generating sales leads.
- Excellent presentation skills with groups of all sizes and levels of management.
- Self-driven, quick on your feet and able to thrive in an ambiguous environment to achieve sales goals.
- Enthusiastic participant in team meetings by offering proactive responses and solutions to problems.
- To monitor the daily activities of self to ensure KPIs and standards are maintained.
- Compliance with company One Best Way guidelines and Minimum Standards.
- Actively develop industry-specific and specialized knowledge within the travel industry to be a source of information for accounts and sales team alike
- Contribute to the profitability of Liberty Travel by providing efficient new and existing account growth, support and customer service.
- To undertake administrative or general office duties as delegated by senior leadership.
- To embrace FCTG USA Company philosophies.
- To be open and accepting of company and industry change.
- To provide information (market intelligence) collected from clients, suppliers, and others which assist senior leadership in making informed decisions about the business.
- Promote effective communication ensuring accuracy of brand and account related materials while using discretion with confidential company information.
- Willingness and ability to travel (including evenings and weekends) for business within and beyond their territory domestically up to 65% of a given month with occasional international business travel.
Benefits of working for Liberty Groups/Flight Centre Travel Group USA:
- On-going destination training to develop your skills and knowledge to help you better sell
- Discounted travel benefits, which include IATA’s travel benefits
- National and international awards nights, buzz nights, conferences, FAM Trips
- Free and confidential access to our own in-house financial advisors
- Unbeatable company culture
- Health Benefits, including Medical, Vision and Dental
- Company matching 401k, and stock options
Location: Montvale, NJ
FCTG USA is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer searching for talented people who have a desire to build a rewarding, fun, and exciting career with a company that loves to celebrate your success!