- POSITION: Licensed Vocational Nurse
- REPORTS TO: LVN Supervisor
- PROGRAM: CHC / HCH / Specialty Clinics
- OSHA CATEGORY: 1
To assess, observe, evaluate, and document intervention on the patients of this facility. To provide patients with teaching, counseling, support, and quality patient care. To work as a member of a team assuring the best possible care for all patients. The LVN must be familiar with community health resources, social, and welfare services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Takes patient history, vital signs, symptoms and conditions and documents such in the medical record.
- Checks patient's height and weight. Administers screening tests, evaluates and records results.
- Administers patient immunizations following clinical protocols and provider's instructions.
- Administers medications and treatments ordered by the provider.
- Maintains lab duties to include, but not limited to: daily quality checks and documentation in log books, specimen processing including related result documentation and Provider notification of abnormals, daily cleaning and disinfection of lab and equipment in accordance with infection control guidelines, submits QC and patient testing logs monthly.
- Checks the treatment room for properly functioning equipment and stocks supplies.
- Provides individual or group health education to patients, including the distribution of educational materials as needed.
- Reviews chart documentation for completeness according to established indicators.
- Travels to other Centro Del Barrio sites in carrying out duties.
- Abide by infection control policies and procedures as dictated in the Centro del Barrio Infection Control Manual.
- Abide by policies and procedures on hazardous materials as dictated in the Employee Safety Manual.
- Abide by all safety policies as dictated in the Employee Safety Manual.
- Demonstrate competence with patients aged 0 and older.
- Participate in the agency’s Quality Improvement Program.
- Performs other duties as required.
Performance will be evaluated by the LVN Nurse Supervisor using the Performance Evaluation CdB Form No. 1006c (Rev. 2/94) wherein a satisfactory overall rating is considered as a minimally acceptable level of performance.
- Education: Graduation from an accredited school of Vocational Nursing. Must be currently licensed with the Board of Vocational Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas. CPR Certification.
- Experience: Experience from a clinic or hospital preferred.
- Other: Bilingual/Bicultural.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Must be able to meet the attendance requirements of the position.
- Must not pose a threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- Physical ability to lift up to 20 pounds unassisted.
- Must be able to deliver excellent customer service, externally and internally