Seeking a professional individual for a Brokerage General Agency position that supports independent insurance agents, financial advisors and their clients, to achieve their financial goals. Individual must have the ability to build relationships with our independent insurance agents and financial advisors to encourage sales growth opportunities in the fixed life/annuities, disability, and long-term care insurance business. The ability to interface and communicate with our independent insurance agents and financial advisors is a key component of this role.
This position is multi-faceted including preparation of required agent carrier licensing and contracting paperwork, new business processing from input of the application into the Brokerage General Agency’s systems, releasing the application to the carrier, ordering medical records, requesting paramedical exams, including daily follow-up and updates for report purposes.
- Obtain key information from independent insurance agents and financial advisors used to establish their profile within the administrative system. Keeping information up-to-date and making the necessary updates, as needed.
- Generate sales opportunities with our agents and financial advisors.
- Prepare carrier specific licensing and contracting paperwork to ensure an accurate and timely set-up for New Business case placement and commission payments.
- Respond to product quote requests through gathering and assessing client information, seeking input from the New Business Case Manager and Marketing resources for best product opportunities.
- Review new business applications for completeness, and medical history, to identify any issues that could present a challenge in receiving the expected underwriting offer. Escalating exceptions to the New Business Case Manager for review and assessment.
- Ordering medical exams and medical records, as required by carriers on new business submissions.
- Act as a contact for agent and financial advisors on new business case processing, escalating specific medical condition inquiries to the New Business Case Manager.
- Support after issue policy service requests and changes, as needed.
- Educate yourself on the latest product offerings and industry developments and, in turn, educate advisors to help create new sales opportunities.
- Exceptional customer-focus with an emphasis on relationship building.
- Professional, ethical and committed to excellence in both oral and written communications. Tact, diplomacy and sensitivity regarding the handling of confidential information.
- Strong work ethic, reliable, demonstrates commitment and dedication.
- Ability to work harmoniously in a positive and team oriented work environment with a high degree of professionalism, inclusive and collaborative work style. Ability to work independently and take initiative, when appropriate.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in managing a variety of processes, respective processing steps and responsibilities with constantly changing priorities – work effectively in a variety of situations and respond to change in a positive manner.
- Excellent quality, service and customer focus; highly productive and performance driven.
- Excellent organizational, time management and work prioritization skills.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal decision and problem solving skills to quickly and accurately interpret broker questions/inquiries, while using judgment, reasoning and negotiation skills to resolve issues and influence successful outcomes.
- Motivated to generate results.
- Strong telephone and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, with the ability to quickly learn use of our internal, carrier software and new technology.
- Experience Required. Minimum of 1 year experience working in the insurance industry (Life, Annuity, Disability, or Long Term Care products) or similar Brokerage General Agency position.
Salary & Benefits:
- Base pay is commensurate with experience. Medical insurance options offered.
Required to work weekly flexible schedule: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. during training (and Friday) and once proficient, 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Monday – Thursday.