Belmont Village Senior Living
Part-time positions available
No late nights!
- Performs multi-functional duties related to food preparation, set-up, service and clean-up.
- Maintains a high quality of food and presentation.
- Supervises kitchen and dining room staff in absence of Chef Manager
- Supervises food production in the absence of Chef Manager
- Prepares food daily as outlined on the Food Production Worksheet from the menu cycle:
- prepares meals and daily specials on designated days and shifts
- prepares meals and a-la-carte menu items
- Maintains clean, orderly and safe kitchen and dining room environment.
- Prepares for next day’s food production
- Assists with set-up, service and clean-up of breakfast and lunch steam table
- Ensures proper storage of kitchen equipment and handling of food to meet health department requirements as well as Belmont Village’s Standards of Cleanliness and Sanitation as described in the Policies and Procedures manual.
- Ensures compliance with regulations.
- Monitors portion control to minimize waste.
- Ensures attractive presentation of food on the plate before serving with consistent use of plate garnishes.
- Maintains record of chargeable and non-chargeable meals.
- Follows all policies and procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Proficient in verbal and written English
- Minimum six months volume cooking experience
- Interest in working with senior population
- Ability to work early morning shifts, including weekends
- Must successfully complete:
- TB skin test or chest x-ray
- State fingerprint and FBI background check
- Health screening for this position
- Basic First Aid training
- More than six months volume cooking experience
- Certificate in food management or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible/ participate in team work
- Supervisory experience
- Experience working with senior population