- Line Technician in Mason, OH
- 7 month contract
- This person will assist sanitation and perform housekeeping duties as well as train line associates on assigned equipment.
- Setup, Start-Up, Adjust and Operation of Equipment; Proper Shutdown, Sanitation & Changeover as required to the client standards and to minimize downtime
- Perform all required quality testing/checks and complete all required documentation and paperwork for department operations: Quality (QRMP), Sanitation, Safety, etc.
- With Maintenance assistance; troubleshoot basic electrical equipment, maintain and improve electrical control systems, and complete work orders
- Communicate and coordinate with Maintenance Planner, Maintenance/Production Leadership, any corrective/preventative maintenance required on assigned equipment to ensure optimum line efficiency and product quality
- Utilizing maintenance windows; perform preventive maintenance inspections on all focus line equipment as assigned by the Maintenance Department to prevent and/or correct mechanical or electrical breakdowns. Participate in the development of a documented 52-week maintenance plan
- Develop and implement improvements using the Break Down Elimination (BDE) process to prevent reoccurring equipment failures
- Utilize the CMMS system to document Maintenance activities, order parts, and develop work orders
- Recording and documentation as required by manual, computer and other systems. Ensures documentation is accurately completed using QRMP guidelines
- Manage all supplies associated with the lines following up on excessive loss whether vendor or mechanically driven. Ensure supplies are accounted for and returned in a timely manner
- Recommend and implement continuous improvement on equipment and system design through use of the team concept. Support project planning and execution
- Communicate with other line technicians on other shifts, as necessary, to ensure coordination of all maintenance efforts on assigned equipment and effectively operate as part of a team
- Support implementation of department MBO’s.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all equipment operators on all shifts
- Conduct training for other associates in area of responsibility
- Manage spare parts and standby equipment for assigned equipment
- Drive yield improvements through OSCAR and other initiatives to reduce losses.
- Conform to the client’s policy and procedures including, but not limited to: Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), Lock Out/Tag Out, HACCP check points, client Quality Standards, Fall Protection, Hot Work, OSHA Regulations, and all others
- Report and correct unsafe acts and conditions
- Determine product sequencing to minimize changeover time
- Perform sanitation and reassembly so that it meets client Standards and also minimizes downtime
- Work with vendors as necessary
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Person must be able to perform and train self/others on basic mechanical skills, mechanical repairs and overhauls, maintenance systems, computer skills, new technologies in preventive/predictive maintenance, problem solving/troubleshooting, etc. where skills are not at the required level
- Minimum of two years of experience in industrial maintenance
- Must be able to maintain and operate all equipment in assigned area
- Demonstrate successful application of problem-solving techniques, effective communication and planning
- Must be Powered Industrial Truck licensed and follow all safety rules and procedures
- Must be willing to travel as required
- Additional responsibilities of this position includes assisting in the creation of a culture of safety and health by performing work safely in accordance with all company safety procedures.
- Operates equipment safely and reports any unsafe work conditions or practice to supervisor.
- Occupational safety and health performance is measured in this position
- 3 years experience in a manufacturing / production environment with a minimum of 1 year in a maintenance focused role
- High School or GED required
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must have own hand tools to perform all job duties