Job #: 865996
JOB TITLE: Linux Administrator
If interested, please send an updated word resume to Chris Harless at firstname.lastname@example.org
- A College Degree and at least 2 years of experience in IT.
- Basic understanding of one of these Operating systems: Linux/Red Hat, Windows. To be able to run batch process directly from command line.
- A plus will be to have a basic understanding of software development (Python).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required.
- Data analysis experience and a basic understanding SQL and data modeling concepts.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Ability to work with key stakeholders to gather and refine Technical requirements.
- Ability to work independently, quickly learn new tasks, solve problems, and show strong initiative.
- Demonstrated organization and planning skills, handling details.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment is required.
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
- Work with vendor to deploy Application releases, review/approve release notes, etc.
- Execute technical testing to approve the delivery.
- Coordinating changes with internal and external vendors.
- Responsible to keep the environment in sync (Manage the Installation of releases or patches to technical landscape: Development, quality (test) and production).
- Triage production incidents and coordinate with vendor and internal depts.
- Provide support to IT Operations team with various analysis when required.
- Work with operation IT team to install new environments.
- Updating KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) to highlight any area of improvement.
- Assist with data analysis
- Assist in implementing new tools (performance monitoring, data extract, etc.).
- To extract data from multiple applications and map data to a template.
- Create technical documentation of systems Responsible for Administration (New User Requests) in the application we are developing.
- Perform installs, upgrades, moves, and changes for computer workstation hardware and software