We is seeking a Systems Engineering Specialist with Linux (Primary) and Windows expertise to provide technical support and exceptional customer service.Our team consists of sixEngineerswho provide Infrastructure/Datacenter Operations to approximately 2700 users and work alongside other staff who provide Desktop Support, Cyber Security Operations, Web Development, Customer Relations and Program Management support.
Job Responsibilities and Functions:
- Provide technical support, conduct operational analysis, recommend efficiencies to improve services and support technical project initiatives as required.
- Install, monitor and tune Linux and Windows Server operating system software and virtual machine sub-system software.
- Design and deploy server hardware and periodically reviews configurations for optimal performance.
- Assist clients with general operation of standard supported COTS software such as Drupal and WordPress.
- Consult with clients and team members to provide hardware and software recommendations
- Developprocessing standards, procedures, and automation for use by IT staff in a constantly growing and evolving environment.
- Respond to alerts by enterprise monitoring across all systems managed by the team and provide daily operational status.
- Assist in updating disaster recovery plans and testing continuity of operations.
- Work within help desk ticketing system to document all work performed and communication with clients.
- Deliver weekly reports to supervisor; project-based communications as required.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- BS in a Computer Science or Engineering field
- Five years of experiencesupportingRedHat and Windows Server platforms
- Experience supporting LAMP Stack in a hosting environment
- Strong skills in automation and scripting (Python, PowerShell)
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- Ability to write clear, concise documentation
- Experience with VMWare or RHEL implementations
- Experience supporting Cisco UCS or HP C7000 Blade Chassis
- Experience implementing Plesk or cPanel in a hosting environment
- Experience implementing RedHat Satellite and RedHat Ansible
- Knowledge of AWS and Azure Cloud platforms
- Knowledge or experience with Storage Area Networks
- Certifications: RHCSA, RHCE, Network+, Security+, MCSA, MCP/MTA