Immediate contract opportunity for Litigation Attorney with direct client in New York, NY.
Trigyn's direct government client has an immediate need for Litigation Attorney who can work onsite in New York, NY.
The selected consultant will engage in difficult and complex legal matters that will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Represent client in Civil Court-Housing Part, negotiate, draft and appear before Judge for stipulations of settlement involving non-payment, holdover and repair cases.
• Research and prepare non-payment and holdover cases for trial and argue them before a Housing Court Judge.
• Determine the advisability of presenting witnesses, admissibility of types of evidence and matters of legal strategy. The attorney will handle illegal lockout hearings, contempt, consolidated tenant-initiated actions and commercial cases.
• Prepare briefs, motions, legal opinions, affidavits, memoranda and other legal papers.
• Represent and defend client in repair cases commenced by residents; negotiate stipulations of settlement, argue motions, and may proceed to trial on said repair cases; contact and advise Developments and assist in access dates for the repairs. Confer with Skilled Trades and Technical Services to ensure repairs are completed as expeditiously as possible.
• Appear and represent client in the position of Judgment Creditor in Bankruptcy Court; prepare and file appropriate motions to ensure all pre-petition and post-petition rent is collected by the client.
• Perform other related duties.
NEW YORK CITY HOUSING AUTHORITY RESIDENTS STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!
TRIGYN IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
About Trigyn: Trigyn is an IT Services Company that has been in business for 30 years with more than 1,500 resources deployed today. Trigyn is ISO 9001:2015, ISO 27001:2013 (ISMS) and CMMI Level 5 Certified. Trigyn is an E-Verify® Employer.