Position: Litigation Specialist
This position is primarily responsible for assisting with filing and administrative tasks by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities, among others, include the following:
- Printing incoming files;
- Photocopying and scanning on copy machine;
- Reading incoming documents in order to determine how and where they should be classified or filed;
- Finding and retrieving files in response to requests from attorneys;
- Sorting or classifying information according to guidelines such as content, chronological, alphabetical, or numerical order;
- Tracking files removed from file room in order to ensure that borrowed files are returned;
- Adding new documents to file records, and creating new records as necessary;
- Performing periodic inspections of files or files in order to ensure correct placement, legibility, and proper condition;
- Occasionally shifting files and/or lofting/moving boxes up to 25 lbs.; and
- Modifying and improving filing systems, or implement new filing systems.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Prior law firm experience preferred;
- Basic computer skills are a plus;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Superior attention to detail;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload and projects; and
- The ability to exercise independent judgment, and to work with and maintain confidential and sensitive information.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school graduate or G.E.D equivalent.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a current resume and a cover letter including salary requirements to email@example.com.
Job Title: Litigation Specialist (File Clerk)
Reports to: Director of Litigation Operations
Location: Somerset, NJ
Position Type: Full-time Permanent Position
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
It is Parker Ibrahim & Berg’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all its employees and applicants for employment regardless of their race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic information, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, marital status, civil union status, domestic partnership status, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.