Job ID: 136810
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
We are seeking a full-time Loader for 1st shift for our Chicago facility. The primary duty of this position is to load material onto company trucks safely to be delivered to customers. This involves transporting of materials including glass from one position/location to another in an effort to expedite the process. The job can be very physically demanding and can require lifting up to 75 pounds unassisted frequently throughout the shift. Prior manufacturing and warehousing experience is a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Handling glass and metal product from, tables, rolling racks, delivery trucks, or wood crates for eight or more hours daily
- Moving materials including glass from one position/location to another in an effort to expedite the material throughout the plant
- Ability to use and understand computerized tracking systems, delivery receipts, and production labels
- Effectively be able to locate products in the facility
- Recognize product defects and notify the supervisor immediately of any issues
- Handle products in a manner that will not cause damage to the product or injury to self or others
- Loading trucks on level ground and ensuring even load weight distribution and ensure safe delivery to the customer
- Performing proper housekeeping within the department though out the shift
- Regular and predictable attendance, the ability to safely perform tasks, and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of your job
- At least 2 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Ability to read and interpret basic mathematical measurements and effectively use a tape measure
- General math skills
- Forklift experience
- Over-head crane experience
- Basic computer skills and knowledge
- Wear approved steel toed boots for a minimum of 8-10 hours on concrete floors
- Ability to squat, lift, bend, twist, walk, and reach frequently throughout the day, every day
- Ability to load, unload, push, and pull glass and metal product throughout the day, every day
- Must have the ability to constantly lift and/or move up to 75 lbs. frequently without assistance
- Ability to work in varied temperatures consistent with same climate conditions of the region (Heat, humidity, etc.).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Only online applications will be accepted
- When applying, please provide full employment history
- Pre-employment background screening will be conducted on qualified applicants after acceptance of job offer
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.