Summary: Assures safe and efficient conduct of yard operations. Location Manager is responsible for sales and other assigned tasks by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensures the operation of the yard is conducted in a safe and effective manner.
2. Oversees customer service including but not limited to quotes, orders, questions and concerns daily.
3. Completes location tasks including purchasing, invoicing and other administrative functions as assigned.
4. Oversees corporate safety program and ensures company and employee compliance.
5. Performs regular inventory counts in accordance with company policy to ensure complete and accurate purchasing information.
6. Keeps accurate records on vehicle maintenance and schedules all maintenance repairs and preventative maintenance as needed.
7. Delivers material when driver is unavailable.
Directly supervises employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Forklift truck experience
- Driving experience (Having a valid CDL with Air brakes – A or B is a plus but not required)
- Supervisor level experience
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently
- Must have basic computer knowledge (Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel - BisTrack knowledge is a plus)
- Must have basic math skills, including measurement, conversions and determining quantity needed.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in all situations
- Lumber and building material product knowledge a plus
- Salary commensurate with experience