Salary Range:$3184 - $4015 monthly
Class:C4227Recruitment #: S11825
Review Date:Review of applications begins immediately. Position open until filled.
This is a regular, full-time, 12-month position in the Facilities Services/Key Shopand is represented by the Oregon Public Employees Union/Service Employees International Union. Facilities Services is a service-oriented organization charged with the responsibility of maintenance and operations of the buildings and grounds allocated to Western Oregon University. These operations affect the entire University faculty, staff, and student populations.
- Two years of experience as a journey-level locksmith OR completion of an approved locksmith apprenticeship program
- Certified Registered Locksmith (CRL) certifications
- Current State of Oregon driver’s license
- Current Limited Energy License-A (LEA)
**A criminal background check will be required as a condition of employment
We are not considering candidates who require Visa sponsorship support. Additionally, the University typically only considers visa support for employees placed in specialized positions that are continuing regular University appointments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create electronic entry cards/fobs; Provide entry to computer key tracking systems; Create/maintain campus inventory control and building schedules; Assist the Auxiliary Key Shop with auxiliary and housing inventory control and building schedules; Maintain wireless/key access systems and upgrades; Maintain and install campus Key-Watcher systems.
- Provide training on electronic keying systems and devices to student employees and work with them on a daily basis to ensure the security of the access controls on campus; Train the Auxiliary Key Shop employee on electronic lock systems and services and general locksmith duties and responsibilities.
- Maintain and repair building fixtures and equipment; Perform minor carpentry tasks
- Inspect, maintain, and repair ADA door operation/equipment devices; Inform the Assistant Director and/or Director of Disability Services of non-operational door equipment
- Perform emergency services as assigned by the Director of Facilities Services or Associate Director
- Requires the availability to respond to any E&G Building access emergency both during and after normal working hours and on weekends.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Exposure to inclement weather conditions
- Working in steam and utility tunnels and on building exteriors with varying heights to four (4) stories
You may submit all materials online at www.wou.edu/classified
Required Application materials (PDF preferred):
1) WOU Employment Application form (available at www.wou.edu/classified )
2) Letter of application that addresses each qualification of the position. Please include how your experience, education, and/or training might help us build a more inclusive, collaborative, and diverse community.
4) Contact information for three references
5) Copy of current LEA and CRL certifications
As an alternative, you may submit application materials to:
S1825, Locksmith, Human Resources, Western Oregon University, 345 N. Monmouth Avenue, Monmouth, OR 97361; OR e-mail to email@example.comHelp; OR fax to: 503-838-8144.
Western Oregon University is an AA/EO/Veteran/Disability employer
committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce.