The logistics manager is responsible for the coordination and management of the pickup and delivery of physical containers in a cost effective and client centric manner. They are responsible for the proper recording of all regulatory documentation, labor costs, damages caused by drivers, and staffing needs. The dispatcher reports to the Operation Manager. They are to work in cohesion with the Customer Service Representative, Salespeople, and Head Mechanic. The logistics manager supervises all of the commercial vehicle drivers.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for the coordination and management of the pickup and delivery of physical containers, which includes dispatching of all trucks to meet client's expectations and the schedules of municipalities.
- Obtaining permits when required to do so for the delivery of equipment.
- Responsible for reporting damages to containers to the Salespeople and Safety Manager for customer contact and Facility's Manager for repair and maintenance.
- Responsible for reporting any repairs and maintenance issues with equipment to the Facilities Manager and Head Mechanic. Insure repairs are made timely.
- Responsible to assure drivers are placing accurate box numbers on the paperwork so customer service can update the container tracking software.
- The proper documentation all of O&D forms or other regulatory paperwork, including box numbers on work orders and jobsite checklist.
- The routing of trucks in the most economical way possible. provide each driver with multiple work orders if possible and direct drivers in most effective manner.
- Responsible for managing the drivers, ie., showing up to work on time managing work schedule days off, and coordinating and reporting all driver related issues the Facilities Manager.
- Responsible for keeping constant contact communication with the customer service Representative and Roll-off Salespeople regarding inventory and scheduling concerns.
- Dispatcher reports all customer complaints to salespeople or customer Service Representative.
- Check email continuously.
- Communicates discrepancies and issues, as well as makes suggestions for improvement of procedures with the salespeople or customer Service Representative for customer level service and Facilities Manager for trucking and driver rerated issues.