Atlas Roof & Wall Insulation– a Division of Atlas Roofing Corporation– specializes in the manufacture of quality engineered polyiso insulation, specialty products, and accessories. Atlas Roof Insulation & Wall CI products lead the industry in polyiso insulation boards and facer technology and performance in commercial and residential buildings.
Atlas Roof & Wall Insulation is seeking a Logistics Manager for the Phoenix, AZ polyiso foam manufacturing facility.
Logistics Manager Primary Responsibilities
- Coordinate shipping, receiving, and purchasing functions for our Polyiso plant.
- Procure transportation and minimize associated costs to transport our finished goods to our customers.
- Identify opportunities to optimize and/or redesign the logistics network to drive cost savings and/or service performance.
- Initiate purchases of materials on the basis of anticipated changes in price or on unusual availability conditions.
- Balance cash flow considerations against possible price savings and plant requirement schedules.
- Approve the selection and set up of vendors by assessing vendor capabilities, developing sources and evaluating vendor performance.
- Approve or reject prices, terms, delivery dates and/or traffic routes if not in line with policies or established procedures.
- Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
- Personally conduct or direct negotiations with vendors on rejections, disposition and adjustment of purchased materials not meeting specifications.
- Ensure purchasing documents are completed properly in our system and the terms and conditions of purchases are appropriate.
- Conduct inventories and establish policies that maintain inventories in as low a manner as possible while avoiding shortages of necessary consumables, spare parts, raw materials and supplies.
- Ensure proper inventory levels of raw materials are maintained to meet operation demand and production efficiency goals while minimizing inventory carrying costs.
- Perform and/or assist in other duties, including production scheduling, MRO sourcing, etc. as assigned.
Logistics Manager Experience
- 5+ years relevant experience in a production/logistics environment.
- Materials Management of related industry experience is preferred.
Logistics Manager Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience using the following systems: Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Access, Oracle’s People Soft as well as ERP and MRP platforms.
- Excellent ability with reading, writing and speaking English.
- Well-developed mathematical and analytical skills.
- Experience with statistical analysis tools as applied to cost analysis and inventory trends.
- Must be extremely detail oriented, a problem solver, a self motivator and a great addition to a team oriented environment.
- Negotiating skills are required for this position.
Logistics Manager Education, Licenses & Certifications
- Associates Degree is required.
Logistics Manager Additional Information
- Supervisory responsibilities.
- Atlas Roofing Corporationoffers a competitive total compensation package which includes vacation/holiday, 401(k), health, dental and basic life and ADD.
Atlas Roofing Corporationis an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
No calls or agencies please.