Summary: Responsible for managing and directing the logistics and production planning programs to obtain the most efficient, safety, delivery, economical cost and cash, service and security levels. Perform, administer, and supervise technical and analytical work related to planning, development, and execution of policies and programs.
- Plan and direct in a time sensitive manner the overall domestic and international Logistics management program for the organization.
- Work with Manufacturing Manager to develop, adapt and implement policies, plans, and budgets to support individual Company projects as required.
- Negotiate with carriers and identify alternative suppliers to obtain lowest overall cost while maintaining required service levels, develop relationships including preferred/long term agreements.
- Prepare timely freight budget proposals to support sales, After Market and estimating.
- Compile regular reports to communicate various transportation trends and benchmarks.
- Monitor supplier performance and communicate and address actions to improve performance levels.
- Manage the Shipping & Receiving processes and staff.
- Create Master Production Schedule and manage in Primavera (P6 software).
- Translate projected forecasts, incoming volume, and work scopes into a production plan with time-phased build schedule.
- Identify current planned level of demand and create tactical production schedule for additional new sales. Calculate production lead times.
- Review material shortages,stock outages,and safety stock levels while working with Purhasing & Manufacturing to meet customer requirements.
- Manage and report on shop materials inventory including cycle count inventory and adjustments.
- Strategic leadership and integrity to initiate positive change, encourage cooperative teamwork to achieve key business goals,
- High level of negotiation, analytical and problem-solving skills for optimal outcome in performing Logistics management functions.
- Must possess technical expertise and strategic business experience to deal with extremely broad and complex transportation problems that includes broad knowledge of freight management principles and transportation industry practices to develop new methods and recommend changes.
- Advanced skills in dealing with international trade activity and a solid understanding of government regulations related to transportation.
- Must possess skills to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a stressful and time sensitive environment to meet all required deadlines. Such skills include high level of flexibility, cooperation, and ownership to job responsibilities.
- Proficient technical software skills to keep accurate and easily accessible records: Intermediate level on MS Office applications; JDE and Primavera systems.
- Conduct self in professional manner and apply active communication skills.
- Provide fast, accurate and complete customer service at all times with all employees and management; build strong customer relationships.
- Strong interpersonal skills with external customers in the transportation industry to handle the Company’s business requirements and deal with varied situations that will arise.
- Be able to commit to successful dialogue with individuals and groups to problem solve, resolve conflict, and apply appropriate resolutions that will maintain strong working relationships.
- Aptitude to speak effectively and be persuasive in dealing with others.
- Create strategic documents, proposals and presentations to management for review and assessment on business activity and needs, identifying opportunities for process improvement in relationship to realistic business requirements.
- Effective in reasoning and apply principles of logic to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems utilizing techniques to systematically break down multi-dimensional problems or processes.
- Analyze, organize and manage multiple priorities; sets priorities in an efficient manner and optimizes use of time and resources to meet essential job functions and accomplish short term and long term goals required to meet business objectives. Must be willing to address and resolve issues at any time as needs of business dictate.
- Be able to apply strong attention to detail and organizational skills to meet simultaneous project deadlines; ability to maintain accurate and easily accessible records.
- Read,analyze, and interpret complex documents effectively.
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Type on a keyboard/Operate a personal computer
- Converse over a telephone.
- Perform work within office environment.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, or technical field required;
Seven (7) or more years of previous related experience required.
Minimum of five (5) years experience with super loads by truck and over-dimensional loads by truck, rail, ocean & barge required (Air transportation experience desired).
Minimum of 2 years’ experience supervising or leading staff.
Prior experience with JDE and Primavera preferred.
Experience with Lean and Continuous Improvement is preffered.